Re: [NH] Re multiple IE windows keep opening while editing HTML

    Message 1 of 1 , May 28, 2004
      Hi Rob,

      Are you holding down the Ctrl key when launching from the icon or F8?

      You might try this entry; it's been awhile since it was put into use
      and other changes have been made since.

      You can force browsers to reuse the same window when View in Browser
      is used by inserting the following key under the [Options] section
      in NoteTab's INI file. To use the same browser window all the time
      make "NewBrowserWindow" a 0 (zero). If you want to always open a
      new window, make it a 1 (one).

      NewBrowserWindow=1
      or
      NewBrowserWindow=0

      You may edit the INI file inside NoteTab if you desire. Simply save
      the file with an exclamation mark (!NotePro.ini or !NoteTab.ini) in
      front of it and restart NoteTab. If you use another editor you need
      to close NoteTab first else your editing will be overwritten on
      shutdown of NoteTab.

      Note: In NoteTab v4.92 the default varies with different browsers.
      If you do not use the "NewBrowserWindow" entry, experiment with the
      different browsers by holding the Ctrl key down while clicking on
      the icons or using the keyboard shortcuts.

      >I wrote about a week ago re: note tab Pro keeps launching
      >multiple browsers (IE) when trying to preview edits from Notetab
      >Pro.
      >
      >I tried reinstalling IE browser AND Notetab Pro without luck. I
      >then re-installed the trial version of the regular Notetab and it
      >worked fine? One browser window only, while I was previewing HTML
      >edits from Notetab Standard.
      >
      >I would love to use Notetab Pro as I paid for it and all, for
      >it's advanced features - but how can I work with 25 or more IE
      >windows spawning on my PC! :-)I wrote about a week ago re: note tab Pro keeps launching
      >multiple browsers (IE) when trying to preview edits from Notetab
      >Pro.
      >
      >I tried reinstalling IE browser AND Notetab Pro without luck. I
      >then re-installed the trial version of the regular Notetab and it
      >worked fine? One browser window only, while I was previewing HTML
      >edits from Notetab Standard.
      >
      >I would love to use Notetab Pro as I paid for it and all, for
      >it's advanced features - but how can I work with 25 or more IE
      >windows spawning on my PC! :-)

      Happy html'n!

      www.notetab.net www.clean-funnies.com