HTML Reference LIbrary Broken?

  • Larry Hamilton
    Message 1 of 1 , May 11, 2004
      I needed to look up the use of a tag I do not need very often and went to
      NoteTab (Under Help or CTRL+F11) to open Stephen LeHunte's HTML Reference
      Library. The main page opened, but I could not get to the index or contents
      pages. The only link that appears to work is the link to the web site, which
      of course, has not been for years.

      I wonder if one of the security updates MS put out in the past year or so
      broke the way it uses HTML Help. I tried clicking the link from Start >
      Program Files, and also the exe directly, but all had the same effect.

      I have not used it in about a year.

      This is my home PC - WinXP Home SP1, 256 MB RAM, Intel Celeron 900 Mhz.

      I have not had time to try re-booting. It takes ten minutes, so I found the
      answer via Google.

      Any ideas? (I'll let you know tomorrow if re-booting helps.)

      I found a similar HTML and a CSS help file. I thought I had it at home, but
      I don't. I do have it no my work PC. I'll have to find the information so I
      can share the links.

      TIA!

      Larry Hamilton