Re: [NH] Italics

  • melchior prisi
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 24, 2000
      Hi Jody,

      Jody wrote:

      >(...) I would like
      > to see the number of hours spent over the past five years of
      > everybody in cyberspace checking, nay WASTED!!!, for
      > compatibility all because of a bunch of stubborn hard headed
      > browser programmers. There is absolutely no justification for it
      > whatsoever.

      Right.
      But the problem is not just the browser programmers.
      Every users settings can disarrange fonts and layouts.

      Btw. the coming Netscape 6 will show things more correctly,
      so there will be less differences between the two -
      let's hope...

      Greetings
      Melchior

      --
      http://www.alphazwirbel.net/orp/orp.htm
    • Jaguwar
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 25, 2000
        HA! I wish!

        I downloaded it a week ago and was aghast to discover none of the DHTML I'd
        implemented lately worked with it! It no longer understands layers.. but so
        far as I can tell, it doesn't understand IE's version, either. Looks like
        we're going to need to learn something else.

        XML anyone? *sigh*

        Michelle (Jaguwar)

        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 25, 2000
          Hi Melchior,

          >> There is absolutely no justification for it whatsoever.
          >
          > Right.
          > But the problem is not just the browser programmers.
          > Every users settings can disarrange fonts and layouts.

          I understand that, but for the basics, something as simply as
          just making italics the same shade as the rest of the text should
          not even be effected by the user.

          > Btw. the coming Netscape 6 will show things more correctly,

          I'm glad to hear that. I makes feel good about NS saying, OK, if
          MS wants it that way, we'll do it instead of fighting thing out
          to no avail for the next decade. I think much more highly for NS
          doing that than I do MS not coming to an agreement with them.

          http://www.sureword.com/notetab

          The NoteTab and Html List...
          mailto:Ntb-html-Subscribe@...
        • melchior prisi
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 25, 2000
            Jaguwar wrote:

            >but so
            > far as I can tell, it doesn't understand IE's version, either. Looks like
            > we're going to need to learn something else.

            I see - and turn pale...
            let's hope - again.

            > XML anyone? *sigh*

            sorry, not yet.