Re: [NH] Have deleted FTP

  • Rudolf Horbas
    Message 1 of 8 , May 6, 2004
      Mark McLaughlin wrote:

      > Just my 2 cents, but normally I'd use an FTP client like
      > WS-FTP, or Cute FTP to handle all file transfer chores.

      My 2c: FileZilla (http://filezilla.sourceforge.net/) is a good open
      source choice ...

      > Use Note Tab to edit your html files.

      Agreed!

      @John,
      don't get frustrated over NT. Don't consider switching to FrontPage, if
      You _really_ want to learn how to build web pages.

      Rudi
    • Jeff Scism
      Message 2 of 8 , May 6, 2004
        I agree 100% the best teacher of HTML is hands on coding, and the best
        tutor around is NoteTab, If you don't know the code, the html-ar
        library will generally do it or show it to you, after a while you "know
        it" and can do it manually.

        I didn't know ANY html before I started ussing NoteTab, and now I have
        several large websites up constructed with NoteTab, and it is literally
        thousands of individual pages.

        Using clips still has me somewhat confused, but like html exposure to
        the process is educational.

        AND it is always nice to have a coach or two to smooth the rough spots,
        so THANKS to the coaches here who do that essential work.

        --
        ``

        Jeffery G. Scism. IBSSG

        Genealogy is the art of the living haunting the dead,
        If we persist perhaps they will become annoyed
        and tell us what REALLY happened.
        ~~~~
      • Adrian/ Rosemary Worsfold
        Message 3 of 8 , May 7, 2004
          Most Notetab clip libraries are mainly for Notetab purposes, and we adapt them as
          we go along. I make two of mine available, but others would have to adapt them
          (but principles and methods may be detected). Use a blank page and see what a
          clip does.

          One of my biggest external uses is in launching DIRHTML via a clip which is a
          website structure and links program. When done it launches a browser, I view
          source and the result drops into NoteTab for clips that do large scale formatting
          work that leaves me with my filelist.html webpage accesed from the homepages.
          The process is stages semi-automatic.

          http://www.enk.freeuk.com/learning/webwork/writing/htmlclip.zip
          http://www.enk.freeuk.com/learning/webwork/writing/proclip.zip

          Adrian Worsfold