RE: [NH] Have deleted FTP

    Message 1 of 8 , May 5, 2004
      Hi Mark & John,

      >Just my 2 cents, but normally I'd use an FTP client like
      >WS-FTP, or Cute FTP to handle all file transfer chores.

      I agree. )

      Happy Camper,
      jody

      A merry heart doeth good like a medicine:
      but a broken spirit drieth the bones.

      See ya in the funnies! ;)
      http://www.clean-funnies.com
    • Alec Burgess
      Message 2 of 8 , May 5, 2004
        John:
        > Maybe I'd have a chance of figuring this out if I could just get back
        > the FTP tab at the bottom of the web pages I'm editing.

        It sounds like you are talking about the libraries bar displayed at the
        bottom of the Notetab window. If I'm right and you've accidentally turned it
        off just go to the View menu and click Libraries bar.

        btw: I concur with the idea of initially using Notetab Pro just to edit your
        HTML files and save them to local disk; then use an external FTP client to
        upload to your website.

        When you're feeling more comfortable with the Notetab fundamentals you can
        add back the [FTP] clips library to the mix and having a better chance of
        understanding and correcting any problems you run into.

        Regards ... Alec

        Message 3 of 8 , May 6, 2004
          Mark McLaughlin wrote:

          > Just my 2 cents, but normally I'd use an FTP client like
          > WS-FTP, or Cute FTP to handle all file transfer chores.

          My 2c: FileZilla (http://filezilla.sourceforge.net/) is a good open
          source choice ...

          > Use Note Tab to edit your html files.

          Agreed!

          @John,
          don't get frustrated over NT. Don't consider switching to FrontPage, if
          You _really_ want to learn how to build web pages.

          Rudi
        • Jeff Scism
          Message 4 of 8 , May 6, 2004
            I agree 100% the best teacher of HTML is hands on coding, and the best
            tutor around is NoteTab, If you don't know the code, the html-ar
            library will generally do it or show it to you, after a while you "know
            it" and can do it manually.

            I didn't know ANY html before I started ussing NoteTab, and now I have
            several large websites up constructed with NoteTab, and it is literally
            thousands of individual pages.

            Using clips still has me somewhat confused, but like html exposure to
            the process is educational.

            AND it is always nice to have a coach or two to smooth the rough spots,
            so THANKS to the coaches here who do that essential work.

            --
            ``

            Jeffery G. Scism. IBSSG

            Genealogy is the art of the living haunting the dead,
            If we persist perhaps they will become annoyed
            and tell us what REALLY happened.
            ~~~~
          • Adrian/ Rosemary Worsfold
            Message 5 of 8 , May 7, 2004
              Most Notetab clip libraries are mainly for Notetab purposes, and we adapt them as
              we go along. I make two of mine available, but others would have to adapt them
              (but principles and methods may be detected). Use a blank page and see what a
              clip does.

              One of my biggest external uses is in launching DIRHTML via a clip which is a
              website structure and links program. When done it launches a browser, I view
              source and the result drops into NoteTab for clips that do large scale formatting
              work that leaves me with my filelist.html webpage accesed from the homepages.
              The process is stages semi-automatic.

              http://www.enk.freeuk.com/learning/webwork/writing/htmlclip.zip
              http://www.enk.freeuk.com/learning/webwork/writing/proclip.zip

              Adrian Worsfold