Re: [NH] Japanese Text

  • Marcelo de Castro Bastos
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 23, 2004
      On 23/4/2004 11:31, pickypoet invited the wrath of the gods by saying:

      >Hi all,
      >
      >I'm doing a site which requires a lot of Japanese text but am having
      >problems inputting the Japanese. All I get are a load of
      >??????????????? in the place where the Japanese should be.
      >
      >Have any of you had this problem before and if so, what did you do to
      >solve it?

      Hmmm, I never tried to do that, but this IS kinda sticky. The problem
      here is that Japanese requires a special character set. You might try to
      set the default Notetab font to Arial-Unicode or any other Unicode-able
      font (rule of the thumb: look at the file size for the font. If it's
      VERY large, there is a good chance that it includes Unicode). Don't
      forget to set the text-encoding on the pages to Unicode too...

      --
      Marcelo de Castro Bastos
      -=-=-
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 23, 2004
        NoteTab Pro's input control does not handle variable width fonts, however
        NoteTab Light and NoteTab Standard share the same input control the CAN
        handle this type of font.

        The following link shows the comparison chart between all version of
        NoteTab:

        http://www.notetab.com/chart.php

        HTH,

        Larry Hamilton
        > On 23/4/2004 11:31, pickypoet invited the wrath of the gods by saying:
        >
        > >Hi all,
        > >
        > >I'm doing a site which requires a lot of Japanese text but am having
        > >problems inputting the Japanese. All I get are a load of
        > >??????????????? in the place where the Japanese should be.
        > >
        > >Have any of you had this problem before and if so, what did you do to
        > >solve it?
        > >

        > Hmmm, I never tried to do that, but this IS kinda sticky. The problem
        > here is that Japanese requires a special character set. You might try to
        > set the default Notetab font to Arial-Unicode or any other Unicode-able
        > font (rule of the thumb: look at the file size for the font. If it's
        > VERY large, there is a good chance that it includes Unicode). Don't
        > forget to set the text-encoding on the pages to Unicode too...
        >
        > --
        > Marcelo de Castro Bastos
        > -=-=-
        > ... [ ** Brevity deleted for Text ** ]
        > * TagZilla 0.049
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • picky poet
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 24, 2004
          I got a message from Jody that confirms what you say,
          Larry. The solution lies in downloading the Japanese
          lite version.

          Thanks to yourself and Marcelo for replying.

          Richard