Re: [NH] Only one browser window with Notetab?

  • Marcelo de Castro Bastos
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 30 1:03 PM
      On 30/3/2004 12:48, starrover1999 invited the wrath of the gods by saying:

      > Hello,
      >
      > I have been using Notetab for quite some time now and I really like
      > it, but I was wondering if there's any way to tell the program to
      > use only ONE browser window when writing HTML code? I am using
      > Mozilla to test my HTML, and everytime I press F8, Notetab opens a
      > *new* browser window, which is very annoying. Is there any way
      > around this? Can I somehow instruct Notetab to use the window
      > that's already open when I press F8?

      Well, the fault is (mostly) not Notetab's, but Mozilla's. You can
      configure a command-line to call the browser, but Mozilla doesn't at
      present offer a command-line option to reuse opened browser windows
      (or even to open a new tab instead of a new window).

      You can look at the available command-line options here:
      http://www.mozilla.org/docs/command-line-args.html

      If you are interested in that functionality, you might check Bugzilla
      to see if there is an already opened "bug" (actually a RFE -- Request
      For Enhancement -- in this case) for this, and vote for it. If there
      isn't any, you might open a new bug.

      --
      Marcelo de Castro Bastos