Re: [NH] Re: Frames- side by side comparison.

  • Jeffery Scism
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 21, 2004
      Thanks John, I understand the Frameset page stored as Index.html on the
      browser and the calling of the two named pages, Perhaps I am looking for
      just calling up TWO instances of my web browser in each side, and then
      can navigate from there.

      Jeff
      --

      Jeffery G. Scism, IBSSG
      Scismgenie@...

      http://homepages.rootsweb.com/~scismfam/
      http://blacksheep.rootsweb.com/
      http://www.rootsweb.com/~nvchurch/
      http://www.rootsweb.com/~inmontgo/

      All email and attachments are scanned in AND out
      by a daily-updated Norton Anti-virus, a firewall is
      in place and ad blocking/malware removal tools are
      installed, updated and running.
      (What have you done to protect yourself and others?)
    • John Zeman
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 21, 2004
        --- In ntb-html@yahoogroups.com, Jeffery Scism <scismgenie@a...>
        wrote:
        > Thanks John, I understand the Frameset page stored as Index.html on
        the
        > browser and the calling of the two named pages, Perhaps I am
        looking for
        > just calling up TWO instances of my web browser in each side, and
        then
        > can navigate from there.
        >
        > Jeff

        I'm not sure what your true objective is Jeff, but if you want to
        compare the coding of two pages online, you can use the graburl
        utility to "grab" the source code from an online page and display it
        in NoteTab. graburl is free and available at:

        http://www.kiraly.com/software/utilities/

        It's a command line program, I use the following clip to make it work:

        ; =======================================
        ^!Set %CMD%=^?{Enter URL to grab=}

        ;next line is rather long
        ^!Set %RESULTS%=^$GetShort(^$GetAppPath$\kiraly\graburl.exe)$ ^%CMD%

        ^!SetClipboard ^$GetDosOutput("^%RESULTS%")$
        ^!ToolBar New Document
        ^!Paste
        ; =======================================

        Where graburl.exe is stored in the:

        C:\Program Files\Notetab Pro\kiraly\

        folder.

        You can then use another utility like ExamDiff to compare the
        contents of the two files.

        John
      • Don - htmlfixit.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 21, 2004
          getting two pages side by side is doable, but to compare them is very
          intense ... it would involve something server side to really do a good job

          what are you actually wanting to do?
        • Jeffery Scism
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 21, 2004
            On my website (which I manage but do not "run") the compiler is sending
            me biographies, and extracts, I am posting them under the individual
            surnams, what is happening is some times a DIFFERENT source is sent
            with a already existing bio from another source. OR a slight wording
            change. I just want to compare line by line both d9cuments and (in a
            separate NoteTab window) nmake the needed corrections to assure I am not
            dropping important data or unnecessarily overwriting a Bio.

            --

            Jeffery G. Scism, IBSSG
            Scismgenie@...