Re: [NH] Audio Play isn't Reliable

  • Jeffery Scism
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 20 1:35 PM
      <embed SRC="sound/edmund5.mid" volume="50%"><!--for netscape-->
      <BGSOUND SRC="sound/edmund5.mid" volume="50%"><!--For IE -->

      This works for me.

      Jeffery G. Scism, IBSSG
      Scismgenie@...
      ~~

      http://homepages.rootsweb.com/~scismfam/
      http://blacksheep.rootsweb.com/
      http://www.rootsweb.com/~nvchurch/
      http://www.rootsweb.com/~inmontgo/

      All email and attachments are scanned in AND out
      by a daily-updated Norton Anti-virus, a firewall is
      in place and ad blocking/malware removal tools are
      installed, updated and running.
      (What have you done to protect yourself and others?)
    • LEE CRESSWELL
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 21 2:24 AM
        Ray,
        IE supports the<bgsound> element. Navigator does not.
        Navigator instead requires the <embed> element and a
        plug-in audio player. For background sound on both
        browsers, two different techniques are required. If
        you incorporate the script below the program will run
        OK on either, and it will stay with the original page.
        Regards,
        Lee.

        <script language="Javascript" type="text/javascript">

        <!-- Original: Kipp W. Shinabarger (kipps@...)
        -->

        <!-- Begin
        var MSIE=navigator.userAgent.indexOf("MSIE");
        var NETS=navigator.userAgent.indexOf("Netscape");
        var OPER=navigator.userAgent.indexOf("Opera");

        if((MSIE>-1) || (OPER>-1)) {
        document.write("<bgsound=sound.mid loop=infinite>");
        } else {
        document.write("<embed=sound.mid autostart=true ");
        document.write("hidden=true volume=100 loop=true>");
        }
        // End -->
        </script>
      • Dave
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 21 6:45 AM
          Hi Ray
          I have tried what is below and it works for me , when I said try ADPCM 4 BIT
          I thought you would convert from the original wav , The one I have tried was
          a 50meg -CD QUALITY WAV it converted to about 5meg , if you dropped the
          quality down the end result will be smaller ,I then tried the bit below

          <EMBED SRC="F:\The Overture.wav" AUTOSTART="true" HIDDEN="false" >
          it streamed across home network .
          THANKYOU DAVE