Re: [NH] Upgrade Registered Copy of Notetab

  • Fay
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 24, 2004
      Thank you Don, and thanks VERY much for the warning about the library files.
      Fay
    • Fay
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 24, 2004
        Kathy wrote
        >So you do have to go in and reset all your options.

        That doesn't sound encouraging. I might wait a little longer.
        Fay
      • Don Passenger
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 24, 2004
          it has been so long I don't remember
          you might try saving a copy of the ini file before updating I guess,
          although it is possible that would not work from one version to the next
          if something had been fixed

          Usually everything you need to do to "set it up" the way you like it is
          under view options. It is worth poking around in there anyway, because
          every time you do, you are likely to find some great feature that you
          always wished notetab had ... and turns out it does.

          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 24, 2004
            Hi Fay and Others,

            >Thank you Don, and thanks VERY much for the warning about the library files.

            When you install, you can do a Custom install and not install
            NoteTab's Libraries. However, if you choose to install them, the
            older ones you had will be backed up in a folder called Backup
            underneath the folder that you installed over depending on what
            that was. Libraries in this case, but the same thing happens with
            say the Templates folder.

            FWIW, I think you will find in the long run it is best to make
            your own Libraries (copies of NoteTab's if that be the case).
            Check the new versions out a bit so that you do not miss any
            updates.

            Happy html'n!

            www.notetab.net www.clean-funnies.com
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 26, 2004
              Hi Fay and Others,

              >Thank you Don, and thanks VERY much for the warning about the library files.

              When you install, you can do a Custom install and not install
              NoteTab's Libraries. However, if you choose to install them, the
              older ones you had will be backed up in a folder called Backup
              underneath the folder that you installed over depending on what
              that was. Libraries in this case, but the same thing happens with
              say the Templates folder.

              FWIW, I think you will find in the long run it is best to make
              your own Libraries (copies of NoteTab's if that be the case).
              Check the new versions out a bit so that you do not miss any
              updates.

              See ya in the funnies,
              Jody Adair, Prov. 15:15

              http://www.clean-funnies.com
            • Kathy Jungjohann
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 26, 2004
                Hello all,
                At Lotta's suggestion, I reinstalled the upgrade in the original folder I
                had NoteTab Pro in (instead of accidentally installing it in a subfolder of
                that as I had done originally).

                All of my libraries loaded into the updated version (tho I had saved a
                backup of them) without my having to add them again.

                Kathy