Re: [NH] links in notetab/ browsed in IE 6

  • John Altmeyer
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 20, 2004
      At 10:26 AM 1/20/04, you wrote:

      >Greetings,
      >I have the following link in NoteTab:

      >I'm the nearly blind guy using speech. I'm using IE6. The above code is
      >recognized by my speech as a link and clicking on it renders success.

      >When the link is activated in IE6 or NS7 it adds "www" to the address. So
      >in the browser address bar it now reads:
      >
      ><http://www.lsm.crt.state.la.us/>http://www.lsm.crt.state.la.us/
      >
      >This address is not seen as valid and an error is generated.
      >
      >Again, the second line of code is recognized as a link, but clicking on it
      >results in the error message you described. Being a HTML dummy, my
      >question is this.

      Why does the www cause an error?

      >Can I force this *not* to happen?
      >
      >Thanks,
      >-Mike

      >Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
      ><http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12c6o17bf/M=267637.4116732.5333197.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705375618:HM/EXP=1074698798/A=1945638/R=0/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60178383&partid=4116732>
      >click here
      >
      >[]

      > *
      > <mailto:ntb-html-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe>ntb-html-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
      >
      > *

      Home of the free basic-obedience dog-training course!
      http://www.lazy-pup.com
    • Rudolf Horbas
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 20, 2004
        > Why does the www cause an error?

        Because it is a different url on the same server. And the server admin
        didn't bother (or wasn't able) to configure the server to treat them as
        identical.

        rudi
      • Mike Breiding
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 21, 2004
          The problem is solved.
          Thanks for the replies.
          -Mike
          --------
          At 09:14 PM 1/20/2004 +0100, you wrote:
          >Mike,
          >
          > > I have the following link in NoteTab:

          > > When the link is activated in IE6 or NS7 it adds "www" to the address. So
          > > in the browser address bar it now reads:
          > >
          > > http://www.lsm.crt.state.la.us/
          > >
          > > This address is not seen as valid and an error is generated.
          > >
          > > Can I force this *not* to happen?
          >
          >I made a doc with
          >
          >No problem on MSIE6, Mozilla 1.6 and Firebird 0.7 on my system ... and I
          >found nothing in the browser preferences that would change that.
          >
          >Can You post the _exact_ source code of the page, or an address? I
          >believe we might find the problem there ...
          >
          >Rudi
          >

          >Yahoo! Groups Links
          >
          >To visit your group on the web, go to:

          > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/