Re: [NH] links in notetab/ browsed in IE 6

  • Rudolf Horbas
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 20, 2004
      Mike,

      > I have the following link in NoteTab:

      > When the link is activated in IE6 or NS7 it adds "www" to the address. So
      > in the browser address bar it now reads:
      >
      > http://www.lsm.crt.state.la.us/
      >
      > This address is not seen as valid and an error is generated.
      >
      > Can I force this *not* to happen?

      I made a doc with

      No problem on MSIE6, Mozilla 1.6 and Firebird 0.7 on my system ... and I
      found nothing in the browser preferences that would change that.

      Can You post the _exact_ source code of the page, or an address? I
      believe we might find the problem there ...

      Rudi
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 20, 2004
        Mike Breiding wrote:

        >When the link is activated in IE6 or NS7 it adds "www" to the address. So
        >in the browser address bar it now reads:
        >
        >http://www.lsm.crt.state.la.us/

        Can we see the page were this is happening? You don't get this behavior if all you have in a page is that link, do you?

        Lotta
      • John Altmeyer
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 20, 2004
          At 10:26 AM 1/20/04, you wrote:

          >Greetings,
          >I have the following link in NoteTab:

          >I'm the nearly blind guy using speech. I'm using IE6. The above code is
          >recognized by my speech as a link and clicking on it renders success.

          >When the link is activated in IE6 or NS7 it adds "www" to the address. So
          >in the browser address bar it now reads:
          >
          ><http://www.lsm.crt.state.la.us/>http://www.lsm.crt.state.la.us/
          >
          >This address is not seen as valid and an error is generated.
          >
          >Again, the second line of code is recognized as a link, but clicking on it
          >results in the error message you described. Being a HTML dummy, my
          >question is this.

          Why does the www cause an error?

          >Can I force this *not* to happen?
          >
          >Thanks,
          >-Mike

          >Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
          ><http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12c6o17bf/M=267637.4116732.5333197.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705375618:HM/EXP=1074698798/A=1945638/R=0/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60178383&partid=4116732>
          >click here
          >
          >[]

          > *
          > <mailto:ntb-html-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe>ntb-html-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
          >
          > *

          Home of the free basic-obedience dog-training course!
          http://www.lazy-pup.com
        • Rudolf Horbas
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 20, 2004
            > Why does the www cause an error?

            Because it is a different url on the same server. And the server admin
            didn't bother (or wasn't able) to configure the server to treat them as
            identical.

            rudi
          • Mike Breiding
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 21, 2004
              The problem is solved.
              Thanks for the replies.
              -Mike
              --------
              At 09:14 PM 1/20/2004 +0100, you wrote:
              >Mike,
              >
              > > I have the following link in NoteTab:

              > > When the link is activated in IE6 or NS7 it adds "www" to the address. So
              > > in the browser address bar it now reads:
              > >
              > > http://www.lsm.crt.state.la.us/
              > >
              > > This address is not seen as valid and an error is generated.
              > >
              > > Can I force this *not* to happen?
              >
              >I made a doc with
              >
              >No problem on MSIE6, Mozilla 1.6 and Firebird 0.7 on my system ... and I
              >found nothing in the browser preferences that would change that.
              >
              >Can You post the _exact_ source code of the page, or an address? I
              >believe we might find the problem there ...
              >
              >Rudi
              >

              >Yahoo! Groups Links
              >
              >To visit your group on the web, go to:

              > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/