Re: [NH] Whew...NoteTab saved me hours...

    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 10, 2004
      Hi radio1448,

      >Thanks for NoteTab Pro....I went to "help" and found the Search
      >Disk function. Incredible.
      >
      >It really saved me hours. Thanks!

      Great!!!

      Please send your thank$ to the following address! <grin>

      Fookes Software
      Customer Sales Support
      P.O. Box 998
      Milton, FL 32572-0998 USA

      Happy Clip'n!

    • gilamo
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 11, 2004
        I get an "EWin32 error" message when I try to open Note Tab Pro. Do I
        need to re-install it?

        (((((hugs)))))
        Kerry Anderson, New Mexico
        Check out our Christmas Ornaments and
        Dulcimer T-Shirts!
        http://www.GilaMountainDulcimers.com
        and Amazing Dulcimers!
        Instruments, CDs, Clubs and Festivals

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 11, 2004
          Hi Kerry,

          From NoteTab's PasteBack feature:

          Those errors are usually due to low resources. Sometimes they
          may be caused by certain file(s). It/they may open fine a few at
          a time, but when trying to load them all on startup is a
          different matter. If you get error messages like Win32 API,
          TClipbookList, NoteTab freezes, or seems to freeze up (which
          might be loading many MB) sometimes it can happen on startup
          because you had too many large documents to reload from when you
          last had NoteTab open. (Sometimes a reboot takes care of it if
          you have not done that yet, or closing other programs that may
          open when you start up Windows.)

          You may need to remove the files from NoteTab Pro's ini file;
          NotePro.ini found in its main folder. Try opening an editor that
          will read text documents like Notepad or Wordpad and open
          NotePro.ini found in its main folder. Scroll down till you get
          to the [Autoload] section and remove all the paths to the files
          to reload on startup. You might want to try it from a fresh
          Windows boot up as well. You can copy the file paths/names so
          that you can open the same files again easier when you get
          NoteTab running.

          You may edit the INI file inside NoteTab. Simply save the file
          with an exclamation mark (!NotePro.ini or !NoteTab.ini; Pro or
          Std/Light respectively) in front of it and restart NoteTab.
          Some programs have memory leaks in them as well as some Windows
          versions like WinME. Some programs do not release all the memory
          they were using while open. That can add up to not having enough
          memory for programs to start causing all kinds of errors.

          Windows has basically three types of memories: RAM, Virtual
          Memory (your hard disk), and a small section of RAM used for
          storing Windows object handles. When Windows runs out of system
          resources, it may have plenty of RAM left, but it runs out of
          space for storing handles. This is often when funny things start
          happening like the tab bar displaying blank tabs, or the Toolbar
          showing no icons.

          Only libraries open in the Clipbook window will occupy RAM. The
          more items, and the larger the Clips, the more RAM it uses up.
          Running Clips that create variables will take another chunk from
          RAM. Closing the Clipbook window will free several handles which
          occupy the third type of memory.

          Some things in NoteTab can cause extra memory to be used are:
          Large amounts of Favorites and long lists slow down the loading
          of NoteTab and use up a fair amount of RAM.

          A large Undo limit size. What is considered large is largely
          dependant on how many documents you open. Should rarely be a
          problem if you open less than 50 documents at a time.

          >I get an "EWin32 error" message when I try to open Note Tab Pro.
          >Do I need to re-install it?

          Happy html'n!

          www.notetab.net www.clean-funnies.com
        • gilamo
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 12, 2004
            Thank you for your helpful e-mail!!! I went into the ini file and
            took out a bunch of files that I don't work on much. I have this lazy
            habit of leaving them open "for later". That did the trick! Now I will
            close them when I am done!! :::smiles:::
            Thanks bunches!!!