Whew...NoteTab saved me hours...

  • radio1448
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 10, 2004
      Thanks for NoteTab Pro. My web host told me they were moving me to
      another server. This meant that one word would have to be changed on
      three web sites and many pages.

      I was opeing directories of files to do a find/replace. I was
      wondering if I could chose a directory and sub sirectories to check
      all at once. I went to "help" and found the Search Disk function.
      Incredible.

      It really saved me hours. Thanks!
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 10, 2004
        Hi radio1448,

        >Thanks for NoteTab Pro....I went to "help" and found the Search
        >Disk function. Incredible.
        >
        >It really saved me hours. Thanks!

        Great!!!

        Please send your thank$ to the following address! <grin>

        Fookes Software
        Customer Sales Support
        P.O. Box 998
        Milton, FL 32572-0998 USA

        Happy Clip'n!

      • gilamo
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 11, 2004
          I get an "EWin32 error" message when I try to open Note Tab Pro. Do I
          need to re-install it?

          (((((hugs)))))
          Kerry Anderson, New Mexico
          Check out our Christmas Ornaments and
          Dulcimer T-Shirts!
          http://www.GilaMountainDulcimers.com
          and Amazing Dulcimers!
          Instruments, CDs, Clubs and Festivals

          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 11, 2004
            Hi Kerry,

            From NoteTab's PasteBack feature:

            Those errors are usually due to low resources. Sometimes they
            may be caused by certain file(s). It/they may open fine a few at
            a time, but when trying to load them all on startup is a
            different matter. If you get error messages like Win32 API,
            TClipbookList, NoteTab freezes, or seems to freeze up (which
            might be loading many MB) sometimes it can happen on startup
            because you had too many large documents to reload from when you
            last had NoteTab open. (Sometimes a reboot takes care of it if
            you have not done that yet, or closing other programs that may
            open when you start up Windows.)

            You may need to remove the files from NoteTab Pro's ini file;
            NotePro.ini found in its main folder. Try opening an editor that
            will read text documents like Notepad or Wordpad and open
            NotePro.ini found in its main folder. Scroll down till you get
            to the [Autoload] section and remove all the paths to the files
            to reload on startup. You might want to try it from a fresh
            Windows boot up as well. You can copy the file paths/names so
            that you can open the same files again easier when you get
            NoteTab running.

            You may edit the INI file inside NoteTab. Simply save the file
            with an exclamation mark (!NotePro.ini or !NoteTab.ini; Pro or
            Std/Light respectively) in front of it and restart NoteTab.
            Some programs have memory leaks in them as well as some Windows
            versions like WinME. Some programs do not release all the memory
            they were using while open. That can add up to not having enough
            memory for programs to start causing all kinds of errors.

            Windows has basically three types of memories: RAM, Virtual
            Memory (your hard disk), and a small section of RAM used for
            storing Windows object handles. When Windows runs out of system
            resources, it may have plenty of RAM left, but it runs out of
            space for storing handles. This is often when funny things start
            happening like the tab bar displaying blank tabs, or the Toolbar
            showing no icons.

            Only libraries open in the Clipbook window will occupy RAM. The
            more items, and the larger the Clips, the more RAM it uses up.
            Running Clips that create variables will take another chunk from
            RAM. Closing the Clipbook window will free several handles which
            occupy the third type of memory.

            Some things in NoteTab can cause extra memory to be used are:
            Large amounts of Favorites and long lists slow down the loading
            of NoteTab and use up a fair amount of RAM.

            A large Undo limit size. What is considered large is largely
            dependant on how many documents you open. Should rarely be a
            problem if you open less than 50 documents at a time.

            >I get an "EWin32 error" message when I try to open Note Tab Pro.
            >Do I need to re-install it?

            Happy html'n!

            www.notetab.net www.clean-funnies.com
          • gilamo
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 12, 2004
              Thank you for your helpful e-mail!!! I went into the ini file and
              took out a bunch of files that I don't work on much. I have this lazy
              habit of leaving them open "for later". That did the trick! Now I will
              close them when I am done!! :::smiles:::
              Thanks bunches!!!