Re: [NH] html tidy

  • hugo_paulissen
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 9, 2004
      Don,

      NoteTab's Help says:
      "If you want more control over the settings, you can create a
      configuration file for Tidy, which you should save in the NoteTab
      folder with the name Tidy.cfg"

      Hugo

      > There was also a tidy.cfg file which is simply a text
      > file that you can adjust manually. I am unsure how to
      > get tidy.exe to use that file however.

    • Greg Chapman
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 9, 2004
        Hi hrs,

        > I just scanned NotePro.ini and saw no references I think will work for
        > tidy.cfg. Tidy, I believe, comes out of the box with a few 'default'
        > parameters built-in, I think this is a probable source for, at least,
        > some of the configuration NoteTab uses.

        You misunderstand! I wasn't saying that notepro.ini had references to
        tify.cfg, I was saying that I understood that NoteTab calls tidy.exe with
        command line parameters determined by settings held by NoteTab.

        tidy.cfg is not a required file. My system doesn't have one. It's just a
        way of automatically setting a complex set tidy command line switches.

        I have now looked again at the references to HTMLTidy in NoteTab Help. The
        key sentence is:

        "NoteTab will try to determine the best switches based on the active
        document type and the HTML Tag option settings."

        That's why I referred to notepro.ini, since those settings will happen to be
        there.

        I did once ask Eric, through a post here, what that cryptic message actually
        meant, the first time I ran into the problem of lack of tidying to lower
        case tags and no indentation, but he didn't pick up on the post.

        Greg