Re: [NH] html tidy

  • Fay
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 8, 2004
      Sorry. I don't use Tidy from within NoteTab. Actually, I don't use it at all
      any more, but when I did I used to open it and browse for the file I wanted
      it to look at. And yes, the nice easy GUI version.
      Fay
    • Rudolf Horbas
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 9, 2004
        Hi all,

        hsavage wrote:
        > (...)
        > The config file for TidyGUI is completely separate from the NoteTab
        > commandline config. To build tidy.cfg for NoteTab you need a clip built
        > to produce the .cfg file and intimate knowledge of all the configuration
        > parameters.

        A clip for producing a tidy.cfg is not necessary -- although intimate
        knowledge never hurts :-).

        You click yourself a configuration with TidyGUI and either save it as a
        tidy.cfg in Your NoteTab directory, or You use the GUI's function "Cmd
        line -> Clipboard".

        Then use the command line in Your clipboard to save a clip like

        H="myTidy"
        ; do not mark file as tidied, replace <i> by <em>
        ; and <b> by <strong>
        ; and indent block-level tags
        ^!RunTidy --indent yes --tidy-mark no --logical-emphasis yes

        That way You can build a library of tidy configs for all kinds of uses.

        Enjoy,
        Rudi