Re: [NH] html tidy

  • Don Passenger
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 8, 2004
      Thank you all for the responses so far! I have learned a bit from them
      and futher playing. I started with the help file and didn't find it all
      that helpful :-)

      The first thing I figured out was that there are two ways to invoke
      tidy. Today I was using the toolbar tools/tidy (control + f7). Then I
      figured out that it was on the second part of my clibbar in notetab pro.
      HTML-2 is the clipbar. In the HTML clip library is a clip called "Tidy
      HTML code" that opens and gives you a choice whether to use notetab
      commands (faster it says) or tidy.exe commands (more options it says).
      It allows you to select how you would like to proceed.

      If you select use the choice use tidy.exe commands, then you can choose
      to indent or not. There was also a tidy.cfg file which is simply a text
      file that you can adjust manually. I am unsure how to get tidy.exe to
      use that file however.

      I am making progress with your help.
    • hugo_paulissen
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 9, 2004
        Don,

        NoteTab's Help says:
        "If you want more control over the settings, you can create a
        configuration file for Tidy, which you should save in the NoteTab
        folder with the name Tidy.cfg"

        Hugo

        > There was also a tidy.cfg file which is simply a text
        > file that you can adjust manually. I am unsure how to
        > get tidy.exe to use that file however.

      • Greg Chapman
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 9, 2004
          Hi hrs,

          > I just scanned NotePro.ini and saw no references I think will work for
          > tidy.cfg. Tidy, I believe, comes out of the box with a few 'default'
          > parameters built-in, I think this is a probable source for, at least,
          > some of the configuration NoteTab uses.

          You misunderstand! I wasn't saying that notepro.ini had references to
          tify.cfg, I was saying that I understood that NoteTab calls tidy.exe with
          command line parameters determined by settings held by NoteTab.

          tidy.cfg is not a required file. My system doesn't have one. It's just a
          way of automatically setting a complex set tidy command line switches.

          I have now looked again at the references to HTMLTidy in NoteTab Help. The
          key sentence is:

          "NoteTab will try to determine the best switches based on the active
          document type and the HTML Tag option settings."

          That's why I referred to notepro.ini, since those settings will happen to be
          there.

          I did once ask Eric, through a post here, what that cryptic message actually
          meant, the first time I ran into the problem of lack of tidying to lower
          case tags and no indentation, but he didn't pick up on the post.

          Greg