Re: [NH] html tidy

  • hsavage
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 8, 2004
      Rudolf Horbas wrote:

      > Hi Fay and all,
      >
      > Fay wrote:
      >
      >> Open Tidy and hit the "Configuration" tab. Then go for "Layout". (I
      think.)

      > You must be talking about the GUI for tidy
      > (http://perso.wanadoo.fr/ablavier/TidyGUI/)
      >
      > I'm not sure Don is referring to that. And I'm also not sure if changing
      > the config in TidyGUI affects the command line tidy.exe that NoteTab is
      > using. Idea anyone?
      >
      > (3 Minutes later: Downloaded and tried TidyGUI)
      > It actually lets You save the options from the GUI into a Tidy.cfg that
      > You can use in Your NoteTab directory. Not bad, must check that out
      > sometime ...
      >
      > Rudi

      Rudi, Fay, all,

      Fay is referring to TidyGUI. This is a fair choice for most of 'us'
      novices, or just use Ctrl+F7 in NoteTab.

      The config file for TidyGUI is completely separate from the NoteTab
      commandline config. To build tidy.cfg for NoteTab you need a clip built
      to produce the .cfg file and intimate knowledge of all the configuration
      parameters.

      hrs
    • Fay
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 8, 2004
        Sorry. I don't use Tidy from within NoteTab. Actually, I don't use it at all
        any more, but when I did I used to open it and browse for the file I wanted
        it to look at. And yes, the nice easy GUI version.
        Fay
      • Rudolf Horbas
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 9, 2004
          Hi all,

          hsavage wrote:
          > (...)
          > The config file for TidyGUI is completely separate from the NoteTab
          > commandline config. To build tidy.cfg for NoteTab you need a clip built
          > to produce the .cfg file and intimate knowledge of all the configuration
          > parameters.

          A clip for producing a tidy.cfg is not necessary -- although intimate
          knowledge never hurts :-).

          You click yourself a configuration with TidyGUI and either save it as a
          tidy.cfg in Your NoteTab directory, or You use the GUI's function "Cmd
          line -> Clipboard".

          Then use the command line in Your clipboard to save a clip like

          H="myTidy"
          ; do not mark file as tidied, replace <i> by <em>
          ; and <b> by <strong>
          ; and indent block-level tags
          ^!RunTidy --indent yes --tidy-mark no --logical-emphasis yes

          That way You can build a library of tidy configs for all kinds of uses.

          Enjoy,
          Rudi