Re: [NH] html tidy

  • Rudolf Horbas
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 8, 2004
      Hi Fay and all,

      Fay wrote:
      > Open Tidy and hit the "Configuration" tab. Then go for "Layout". (I think.)

      You must be talking about the GUI for tidy
      (http://perso.wanadoo.fr/ablavier/TidyGUI/)

      I'm not sure Don is refering to that. And I'm also not sure if changing
      the config in TidyGUI affects the command line tidy.exe that NoteTab is
      using. Idea anyone?

      (3 Minutes later: Downloaded and tried TidyGUI)
      It actually lets You save the options from the GUI into a Tidy.cfg that
      You can use in Your NoteTab directory. Not bad, must check that out
      sometime ...

      Rudi
    • hsavage
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 8, 2004
        Rudolf Horbas wrote:

        > Hi Fay and all,
        >
        > Fay wrote:
        >
        >> Open Tidy and hit the "Configuration" tab. Then go for "Layout". (I
        think.)

        > You must be talking about the GUI for tidy
        > (http://perso.wanadoo.fr/ablavier/TidyGUI/)
        >
        > I'm not sure Don is referring to that. And I'm also not sure if changing
        > the config in TidyGUI affects the command line tidy.exe that NoteTab is
        > using. Idea anyone?
        >
        > (3 Minutes later: Downloaded and tried TidyGUI)
        > It actually lets You save the options from the GUI into a Tidy.cfg that
        > You can use in Your NoteTab directory. Not bad, must check that out
        > sometime ...
        >
        > Rudi

        Rudi, Fay, all,

        Fay is referring to TidyGUI. This is a fair choice for most of 'us'
        novices, or just use Ctrl+F7 in NoteTab.

        The config file for TidyGUI is completely separate from the NoteTab
        commandline config. To build tidy.cfg for NoteTab you need a clip built
        to produce the .cfg file and intimate knowledge of all the configuration
        parameters.

        hrs
      • Fay
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 8, 2004
          Sorry. I don't use Tidy from within NoteTab. Actually, I don't use it at all
          any more, but when I did I used to open it and browse for the file I wanted
          it to look at. And yes, the nice easy GUI version.
          Fay
        • Rudolf Horbas
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 9, 2004
            Hi all,

            hsavage wrote:
            > (...)
            > The config file for TidyGUI is completely separate from the NoteTab
            > commandline config. To build tidy.cfg for NoteTab you need a clip built
            > to produce the .cfg file and intimate knowledge of all the configuration
            > parameters.

            A clip for producing a tidy.cfg is not necessary -- although intimate
            knowledge never hurts :-).

            You click yourself a configuration with TidyGUI and either save it as a
            tidy.cfg in Your NoteTab directory, or You use the GUI's function "Cmd
            line -> Clipboard".

            Then use the command line in Your clipboard to save a clip like

            H="myTidy"
            ; do not mark file as tidied, replace <i> by <em>
            ; and <b> by <strong>
            ; and indent block-level tags
            ^!RunTidy --indent yes --tidy-mark no --logical-emphasis yes

            That way You can build a library of tidy configs for all kinds of uses.

            Enjoy,
            Rudi