Re: [NH] UH-OH NEWBIE HERE

  • Lotta
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 12 12:47 PM
      Hello and Welcome!

      If you want to learn HTML properly I would recommend you to:

      1. Find a good tutorial. My favourite is Joe Barta's: "So, you want you make a web page!" found at
      http://junior.apk.net/~jbarta/readme.html

      It's very easy to understand. If you do as the man tells you, you will be on your way in no time. His site looks a little crappy at the moment, think he is re designing, but he really knows his stuff.

      2. Keep away from the wizards to begin with. Do as Joe tells you and write the Tags by hand. There's probably no better way to learn.

      Then you can gradually make clips with lists of the Tags you frequently use as you go along. That part of Note Tab is fairly easy to learn to handle and you can always find help here.

      When you are more comfortable with HTML you can use the wizards if you find them useful.

      This is my personal view for what it's worth. Others might not agree.

      >Could anyone tell me where there are some good basic
      >instructions
      >on how to use notepad.

      That's something we all are searching for! And it's called Note TAB. ;) But, for just inserting HTML tags, it's a piece of cake. Try the Help file and if Help doesn't help ask here.

      >I am trying to put some color in my table
      >now.
      > Can someone tell me how to do this?

      If it's background color you want you just use the attribute 'bgcolor'. If you want the same color for the whole Table you add it to the main Table tag:

      <TABLE bgcolor=#FFFFFF>

      The colors must be in hexadecimal values and preceded by '#'. Joe has a color chart you can use. Or you can use one of 16 named colors like:

      <TABLE bgcolor=lime>

      You can also use the same attribute (bgcolor) for individual table Rows or Table Cells. But I leave that to Joe, or this will be a whole tutoriol in itself.

      Goos luck to you!