RE: [NH] Web uploads.

  • Jason Wellband
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 20, 2003
      : From: Larry Hamilton [mailto:lmh@...]
      :
      : I found this link for winscp3, it is a SourceForge Project at
      :
      : http://sourceforge.net/projects/winscp/
      :
      : My web hosts only have straight FTP or I am not understanding how to
      : configure it. It did not have any documentation in the
      : download or in the
      : documentation page of the project. The biggest issue with
      : Sourceforge and
      : other sources of open source software, is that often the
      : documentation is
      : lacking, especially the most basic of how to make it do the
      : bare minimum of
      : what I want to do. I see there is a link to the user forums,
      : but I found
      : another FTP client that is set up much like WSFTP and did not
      : need to read
      : the documentation to figure it out.
      :

      Larry,

      WinSCP isn't for FTP. It's for SCP or Secure CoPy (cp) which is a part
      of SSH.

      It works great for the SSH servers I connect to..

      Hth

      Jason
    • R Shapp
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 20, 2003
        Hi Adrian and Jorma,

        Thanks for the ideas. In the current instance, I'll go with a simple text
        page without specifying font (thanks Jorma). If I need formatting, I'll
        probably try CSS because many of our people don't like PDF files.

        Adrian, the printer lock-ups seem odd to me. In fact, when I have a problem
        with one of my printers, I usually send it a test page from NTP to
        troubleshoot the problem because NTP is the most reliable source I own.

        Thanks again,

        Ray Shapp
      • Don Passenger
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 20, 2003
          http://www.alistapart.com/articles/goingtoprint/
          gives information about print specific css sheets
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 21, 2003
            Hi Jeff and Others,

            Don, yes, I believe this topic is perfectly OK for this list as
            it is going so long as it stays positive with positive input and
            not get into dogging out software and an FTP war. More below...

            >I have never had a complaint about WS-FTP, it suits my needs.
            >
            >I try to crete my websites to the LOWEST common denominator so
            >more people can view them...

            Same here. Been using LE for many years and with my NoteTab
            Library for it so that I have one click uploads in the background
            while I continue to work, I would not even consider another FTP
            client. Most I have tried seem to all be OK (Cute, Leech, etc.),
            but no command-line to run seamlessly with NoteTab.

            The Library supports Ws_Ftp Pro and LE and WinZip, my FtpZip
            Library. If you do a lot of one page updating with NoteTab, to me
            this is a must have Library (so long as you have Ws_Ftp installed
            of course. Make sure you run the Setups.)
            http://www.notetab.net/zip/ftpzip.zip

            Happy html'n!

            www.notetab.net www.clean-funnies.com
          • Christine
            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 24, 2003
              First, Merry X-mas eve, all. :)

              I AM the lowest common denominator as far as web design is concerned. I'm
              just a master tweaker. <g>
              I seem to have hooked up my Library to use my SmartFTP after a conversation
              with Jodi about it ages ago, and am happy as a clam.
              It was just a thought, because it's such a basic program, and free actually
              means free, not free-for-awhile.
              It's so simple, that if you have a beginner, it's a good thought.

              Anyway, it was just a thought!
              Christine