- ... Larry, WinSCP isn t for FTP. It s for SCP or Secure CoPy (cp) which is a part of SSH. It works great for the SSH servers I connect to.. Hth JasonMessage 1 of 10 , Dec 20, 2003View Source: From: Larry Hamilton [mailto:lmh@...]
: I found this link for winscp3, it is a SourceForge Project at
: My web hosts only have straight FTP or I am not understanding how to
: configure it. It did not have any documentation in the
: download or in the
: documentation page of the project. The biggest issue with
: Sourceforge and
: other sources of open source software, is that often the
: documentation is
: lacking, especially the most basic of how to make it do the
: bare minimum of
: what I want to do. I see there is a link to the user forums,
: but I found
: another FTP client that is set up much like WSFTP and did not
: need to read
: the documentation to figure it out.
WinSCP isn't for FTP. It's for SCP or Secure CoPy (cp) which is a part
It works great for the SSH servers I connect to..
- Hi Adrian and Jorma, Thanks for the ideas. In the current instance, I ll go with a simple text page without specifying font (thanks Jorma). If I needMessage 2 of 10 , Dec 20, 2003View SourceHi Adrian and Jorma,
Thanks for the ideas. In the current instance, I'll go with a simple text
page without specifying font (thanks Jorma). If I need formatting, I'll
probably try CSS because many of our people don't like PDF files.
Adrian, the printer lock-ups seem odd to me. In fact, when I have a problem
with one of my printers, I usually send it a test page from NTP to
troubleshoot the problem because NTP is the most reliable source I own.
- http://www.alistapart.com/articles/goingtoprint/ gives information about print specific css sheetsMessage 3 of 10 , Dec 20, 2003View Sourcehttp://www.alistapart.com/articles/goingtoprint/
gives information about print specific css sheets
- Hi Jeff and Others, Don, yes, I believe this topic is perfectly OK for this list as it is going so long as it stays positive with positive input and not getMessage 4 of 10 , Dec 21, 2003View SourceHi Jeff and Others,
Don, yes, I believe this topic is perfectly OK for this list as
it is going so long as it stays positive with positive input and
not get into dogging out software and an FTP war. More below...
>I have never had a complaint about WS-FTP, it suits my needs.Same here. Been using LE for many years and with my NoteTab
>I try to crete my websites to the LOWEST common denominator so
>more people can view them...
Library for it so that I have one click uploads in the background
while I continue to work, I would not even consider another FTP
client. Most I have tried seem to all be OK (Cute, Leech, etc.),
but no command-line to run seamlessly with NoteTab.
The Library supports Ws_Ftp Pro and LE and WinZip, my FtpZip
Library. If you do a lot of one page updating with NoteTab, to me
this is a must have Library (so long as you have Ws_Ftp installed
of course. Make sure you run the Setups.)
- First, Merry X-mas eve, all. :) I AM the lowest common denominator as far as web design is concerned. I m just a master tweaker. I seem to have hooked upMessage 5 of 10 , Dec 24, 2003View SourceFirst, Merry X-mas eve, all. :)
I AM the lowest common denominator as far as web design is concerned. I'm
just a master tweaker. <g>
I seem to have hooked up my Library to use my SmartFTP after a conversation
with Jodi about it ages ago, and am happy as a clam.
It was just a thought, because it's such a basic program, and free actually
means free, not free-for-awhile.
It's so simple, that if you have a beginner, it's a good thought.
Anyway, it was just a thought!