Re: [NH] Web uploads.

  • Don Passenger
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 20, 2003
      I brought ws_ftp pro about two years ago ... biggest waste of money I
      ever made in a software purchase. Turned out it wouldn't do the ssh2
      that I needed. Fine print distinguished that it didn't do that even
      though the large print says supports ssh. So I turned around and bought
      cute ftp pro which did support ssh2, although I had to update it at the
      end of Sept. because the ssh2 standards were upgraded and it just quit
      working. After a day or two I went to their site and found the problem
      ... which it seems to me they should have emailed about. Meanwhile, I
      came accross winscp3 which is as good or better than either of them and
      it's free! I like winscp3 a lot, although for reasons I won't bother
      with here, I use cuteftp pro just as much.

      I have written ws_ftp pro several times and they aren't responsive
      either. Cute FTP has been fairly responsive the two times I have
      contacted them, although both times I self corrected the problem before
      they got back to me a day or two later.

      BTW, I assume this is on topic for an html forum.