Re: [NH] UH-OH NEWBIE HERE

  • Stefan Elssner
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 12, 2000
      -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
      Von: moondropcg@... <moondropcg@...>
      An: ntb-html@egroups.com <ntb-html@egroups.com>
      Datum: Mittwoch, 12. April 2000 20:22
      Betreff: [NH] UH-OH NEWBIE HERE

      >I have just installed notepad and got myself a web page and don't
      >know about html. I am very new at all this and am trying to learn

      Hi,

      for learning working with NoteTab one useful approach is just playing
      around with it ;-), and try to find out the things you don't understand
      intuitively by using it's comprehensive online help. Just try the <F1>
      key whenever you stuck ...

      For learning more about HTML (and thereby more about the helpers NoteTab
      provides for authoring it), my favorite suggestion is Dave Raggett's
      Intro to HTML, to be found at
      <http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Guide/>

      Don't worry about the HTML Tidy tool (that he suggests to use
      frequently) for now. Just go through his pages and try the steps. In the
      "More Advanced" section you will find useful hints and samples about
      tables and how to set colors to them, too.

      Regards
      Stefan
      ---
      Stefan Elssner
      elssner@...
    • Larry Thomas
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 12, 2000
        Hi,

        At 06:17 PM 04/12/2000 -0000, you wrote:
        >I have just installed notepad and got myself a web page and don't
        >know about html. I am very new at all this and am trying to learn
        >everything at once I guess but there seems to be so much to know just
        >to put a web page together. If anyone out there can help me i sure
        >would appreciate me. Trying to learn one thing now at a time. Have
        >been going through this newgroup's posts and you all seem to know
        >what
        >you are talking about. The more I read the more clued out I seem to
        >be. Could anyone tell me where there are some good basic
        >instructions
        >on how to use notepad. So far, I have done some VERY BASIC stuff on
        >it (just putting some words on my web page) and have just learned to
        >use the table wizard. I am trying to put some color in my table
        >now.
        > Can someone tell me how to do this?

        You can go to Joe Barta's website at:

        http://junior.apk.net/~jbarta/download.html

        and download his Webtutor V4.0 which is a very good tutorial for beginners
        and even for some slightly more advance users. The tutorial is in the form
        of a series of web pages or HTML files that you can access from your own
        hard drive with your browser without going on line. It is hyperlinked to
        connect you through the menus and content pages to all of the instructions
        and examples it contains. Just follow the examples.

        Regards,

        Larry
        larryt@...