Web uploads.

  • hsavage
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 19, 2003
      Hi,

      For those uploaders using 'free Wsftp-LE v5.08 there is now available an
      upgrade to the free version which is 6.0.
      It's available at the following link.

      hrs

      http://download.com.com/3000-2160-10018456.html
    • Christine
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 20, 2003
        I'm still a big fan of SmartFTP. Even paid for the proggy after awhile.
        There is no difference between the free version and the paid-for one that I
        can actually discern. I just felt it was the right thing to do since I like
        it so much!
        Christine
      • hsavage
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 20, 2003
          Christine wrote:

          > I'm still a big fan of SmartFTP. Even paid for the proggy after awhile.
          > There is no difference between the free version and the paid-for one
          that I
          > can actually discern. I just felt it was the right thing to do since
          I like
          > it so much!
          > Christine

          Christine,

          Commendable, I haven't tried SmartFTP but I am a paid up user of WsFtp
          version 8.02 and am very happy with this latest ver. From my use they
          almost dropped the ball during v7.xx. Things are much better now.

          I downloaded that link without trying to install it, thought it might
          help a few friends. I hate software that requires you to tell fibs to
          get installed.

          As Larry pointed out, IpSwitch is even more restrictive with this newer
          'free' version than they were with v5.08.

          hrs
        • Don Passenger
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 20, 2003
            I brought ws_ftp pro about two years ago ... biggest waste of money I
            ever made in a software purchase. Turned out it wouldn't do the ssh2
            that I needed. Fine print distinguished that it didn't do that even
            though the large print says supports ssh. So I turned around and bought
            cute ftp pro which did support ssh2, although I had to update it at the
            end of Sept. because the ssh2 standards were upgraded and it just quit
            working. After a day or two I went to their site and found the problem
            ... which it seems to me they should have emailed about. Meanwhile, I
            came accross winscp3 which is as good or better than either of them and
            it's free! I like winscp3 a lot, although for reasons I won't bother
            with here, I use cuteftp pro just as much.

            I have written ws_ftp pro several times and they aren't responsive
            either. Cute FTP has been fairly responsive the two times I have
            contacted them, although both times I self corrected the problem before
            they got back to me a day or two later.

            BTW, I assume this is on topic for an html forum.