multi line global replace

  • Steve Parker
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 10, 2003
      I am new to notepad and needed info about doing a multi line global
      replace for 800 html files. Does anyone have a sample script for
      clipbook etc and or instructions. Any help would be appreciated.

      Thanks
      Steve Parker
      stevep@...
    • Don Passenger
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 10, 2003
        Geez Steve,

        Welcome to the club ... you will like it here no doubt. I think what
        you want is as simple as copying what you want to replace and pasting it
        into the find box and in the replace box typing the new content. I
        don't think you need a clipbook or anything else for that to be done.

        It is preferred if you leave any "p" out of the name of NoteTAB.

        Back up the directory!
        Click on Search/search disk
        Choose the replace in files tab
        type the old in the top box
        type the new in the bottom box ...
        have at it!

        Sometimes for more complex things you can use regex or clips, but for
        simple find and replace, that would be the most efficient way to get the
        job done.

        Don