alt characters blip

  • Kathy Jungjohann
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 28, 2003
      aargh! NoteTab seems to have burped this morning! Yesterday it was fine ...
      All of a sudden, when I open txt files which contain alt characters which
      carry over from the rtfs I receive, they've all been replaced with other
      characters. Normally, ‡ , • , ˆ and an en-dash come in straight from Word
      as they appear here, now they're ç, ò, ê and û, respectively. And when I
      open old txt files which contained these characters, they've all changed as
      well!! What happened??!!

      (Haven't installed any programs recently, nor done any Windows updates.)
      Have restarted ... same thing ...
      Should I reinstall?

      Kathy