RE: [NH] Word 2002 to HTML

  • Kathy Jungjohann
    Message 1 of 18 , Nov 17, 2003
      Yes, have been following thread ... been meaning to jump in ...
      It's only with 2002 that I haven't been able to solve the conversion problem.
      (Oh, for the good ol' days of a simpler Word conversion ...)
      There are a lot of alt characters in the text I need to convert - accented
      letters.
      Texism used to work until he rewrote the program and it replaced all
      accented letters with question marks - no matter how I tried saving the
      file!! (Maybe he's rewritten it again since I quit using it, and it is now
      more successful ...) http://textism.com/wordcleaner/

      Thanks,
      Kathy

      >You have been following the thread and are aware that the HTML Filter
      >(msohtmf2.exe) only works in WORD 2000, not 2002, aren't you?
      >
      >Visit:
      >http://www.eastwalton.fsworld.co.uk/HTMLFilterNotes.zip
      >
      >Greg
    • Alec Burgess
      Message 2 of 18 , Nov 17, 2003
        Greg:

        I've found that the built-in Word 2002 option to save as ... web-filtered
        and then opening in a browser and using their Copy partial source is
        adequate if clumsy.

        Just for fun, I created a simple empty 2x2 table, saved as web-filtered,
        opened in Notetab and ran Tidy against it. The error report showed just:

        line 8 column 1 - Warning: <style> lacks "type" attribute
        line 37 column 1 - Warning: <table> lacks "summary" attribute
        <<
        seems good enough to me :-)
        I don't do enough with Word and/or HTML to be seriously bothered.

        > All I could do is send you a zipped WORD file which includes screen
        > dumps of the various filter windows - to show you what you are
        > missing!

        Please do.

        Regards ... Alec

        Message 3 of 18 , Nov 18, 2003
          Hi Alec,

          > > All I could do is send you a zipped WORD file which includes screen
          > > dumps of the various filter windows - to show you what you are
          > > missing!
          >
          > Please do.

          Hope the link:
          http://www.eastwalton.fsworld.co.uk/HTMLFilterNotes.zip
          sufficed!

          Greg
        • Alec Burgess
          Message 4 of 18 , Nov 18, 2003
            Thanks Greg.

            It looks like the Word 2002 "save as ... Html-filtered" does basically the
            same thing (possibly excluding some of the optional removals) but only one
            at a time.

            I guess only Bill knows why it wasn't included in OfficeXP

            Regards ... Alec