Re: [NH] Browsers.dat Settings for Mozilla Family

    Message 1 of 41 , Nov 7, 2003
      Hi Ed,

      >> You must add Mozilla to Browsers.dat manually.
      >
      >Please explain in detail how to do that.

      Any of the ones posted sure work.

      This is from hrs (You need your own path in it.

      [moz]
      Command=c:\mozilla\mozilla.exe -quiet
      UseDDE=0
      Application=Mozilla
      DdeCommand=
      DdeExec="%1",,%2,0,,,,
      Topic=WWW_OpenURL
      Application_New=
      DdeExec_New=
      Topic_New=

      This is from Alec for Firebird, Just substitute Mozilla.

      [fb] you're copying the lines
      after "UseDDE=0" from Eric's example correct? - doesn't hurt, but
      if UseDDE is zero all the rest of it is ignored so all you'd need
      is:
      [fb]
      Command=C:\MozillaFirebird\MozillaFirebird.exe -browser

      so my entry for "regular" MozillaFirebird is just: >
      [MozillaFirebird] >
      Command=C:\MozillaFirebird\MozillaFirebird.exe

      I'd spell out [Mozilla] but I don't know if it makes a
      difference. I'll let you know now that only a few have been
      successful with Mozilla/Firebird. I'm not one of them. :(

      Take care,
      Jody Adair

      and even thou doest err some!
      http://clean-funnies.com
      http://notetab.net, http://fookes.us
      http://sojourners-software.com
    • Alec Burgess
      Message 41 of 41 , Nov 10, 2003
        Ed:

        > ^!url [^%theBrowser%] ^%theFile%
        > What goes in the Brackets? If I am working with MozillaFireBird, does
        > it look like this. ^!url [^%MozillaFireBird%] and what goes in ^%the
        > File% Is this where the file path goes? I am not sure that I asked
        > the questions that Imeant to ask.
        >
        > And what about this? ^!Url [browser] <url> Would this look like this:
        > ^Url [MozillaFireBird] C:\Program
        > Files\MozillaFireBird\MozillaFireBird.exe ??

        if you look in the Help-Clips for command ^!url you'll see that what goes in
        the square brackets is the identification of a browser. It has to match
        whatever the name assigned to it was in the file browsers.dat.

        So in my clip in message 4144 (reposted below) in the wizard:
        ;--long line start
        ^!set %theBrowser%=^?[Browser to
        use==Sleipnir|iRider|iRider_noDDE|SlimBrowser|IE|Opera|MozillaFirebird -brow
        ser|Mozilla|MozillaFirebird|_MyIE2|Lynx]
        ;--long line end

        you are asked to choose what browser you want and that name becomes the
        contents of the variable ^%theBrowser%. So the location of (in your case)
        the executable for MozillaFirebird gets taken from that file. Each of the
        choices offered by the wizard has to match one of the entries in
        browsers.dat (I'm including the contents of *my* browsers.dat below the sig
        line).

        In the help where it says <url> the angle-brackets are *NOT* to be included
        unlike the square-brackets surrounding browser. (It took me a couple of
        re-reads too, to make sure I was understanding the way Eric intended it to
        be used.

        So (again) in my clip the wizard:
        ^!set %currFile%=^**
        ^!set %theFile%=^?[File to open==^%currFile%]

        defaults the variable ^%theFile% to ^** which is the "name" of the current
        file being edited in Notetab, and normally the one that you want to launch.
        You could override it by pasting a normal URL or the file spec on another
        HTML file on your disk or one open in your Notetab (obtain name by
        right-click <copy name> on tab)

        As I mentioned before any entry in browsers.dat that has UseDDE=0 is
        *exactly* the same as not having that parameter or anything below it present
        at all.

        Sorry for the length of this for those who could care less - hope this makes
        sense Ed :-)

        Regards ... Alec
        --
        == clip reposted ===
        H="Choose Browser"
        ;
        ;--long line start
        ^!set %theBrowser%=^?[Browser to
        use==Sleipnir|iRider|iRider_noDDE|SlimBrowser|IE|Opera|MozillaFirebird -brow
        ser|Mozilla|MozillaFirebird|_MyIE2|Lynx]
        ;--long line end
        ^!ifdiff ^$StrIndex(^%theFile%;2)$ : OpenBrowser
        ^!set %theFile%=file:///^%theFile%
        ^!set %theFile%=^$StrReplace("\";"/";^%theFile%;False;False)$
        :OpenBrowser
        ^!url [^%theBrowser%] ^%theFile%
        ;--end clip

        == end clip ===

        === my browsers.dat === (these names all match entries in the clipwizard)
        ===
        [ie]
        Command=iexplore.exe -nohome
        UseDDE=1
        Application=IExplore
        DdeCommand=
        DdeExec="%1",,%2,0,,,,
        Topic=WWW_OpenURL
        Application_New=
        DdeExec_New=
        Topic_New=

        [Sleipnir]
        Command="C:\Program Files\AmbPF-notins\Sleipnir\Sleipnir.exe"
        UseDDE=0
        Application=IExplore
        DdeCommand=
        DdeExec="%1",,%2,0,,,,
        Topic=WWW_OpenURL
        Application_New=
        DdeExec_New=
        Topic_New=

        [Opera7]
        ;Add full path to Opera.exe file name below if you have several versions of
        the browser
        Command=Opera.exe
        UseDDE=1
        Application=Opera
        DdeCommand=Opera.exe /nowin /e

        [iRider]
        Command="C:\Program Files\AmbPF\iRider\iRider.exe"
        UseDDE=1
        Application=IExplore
        DdeCommand=
        DdeExec="%1",,%2,0,,,,
        Topic=WWW_OpenURL
        Application_New=
        DdeExec_New=
        Topic_New=

        [iRider_noDDE]
        Command="C:\Program Files\AmbPF\iRider\iRider.exe"
        UseDDE=0
        Application=IExplore
        DdeCommand=
        DdeExec="%1",,%2,0,,,,
        Topic=WWW_OpenURL
        Application_New=
        DdeExec_New=
        Topic_New=

        [SlimBrowser]
        Command="C:\Program Files\AmbPF\SlimBrowser\sbrowser.exe"
        UseDDE=1
        Application=IExplore
        DdeCommand=
        DdeExec="%1",,%2,0,,,,
        Topic=WWW_OpenURL
        Application_New=
        DdeExec_New=
        Topic_New=

        [MozillaFirebird -browser]
        Command="C:\Program
        Files\AmbPF-notins\MozillaFirebird\MozillaFirebird\MozillaFirebird.exe" -bro
        wser

        [MozillaFirebird]
        Command="C:\Program
        Files\AmbPF-notins\MozillaFirebird\MozillaFirebird\MozillaFirebird.exe"

        [MyIE2]
        Command="C:\Program Files\AmbPF\MYIE2\MyIE.exe"
        UseDDE=1
        Application=IExplore
        DdeCommand=
        DdeExec="%1",,%2,0,,,,
        Topic=WWW_OpenURL
        Application_New=
        DdeExec_New=
        Topic_New=

        [Lynx]
        Command="C:\Program Files\AmbPF-notins\Lynx\lynx.exe"

        [Mozilla]
        Command="C:\Program Files\mozilla.org\Mozilla\mozilla.exe"