Re: [NH] Re: RE: [NTB] Making NoteTab "bind" to an instance/window ofIE

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 9, 2000
      Hi Ian,

      > Modifying another program is very bad form and goes far beyond
      > the bounds of propriety.

      I can only suggest that you notify the author of NetCator about
      it and send him your documentation. Perhaps he will change his
      method if he is in err. The reason why I said "if" is because
      there may be an option to turn it off or during install not to
      add the buttons to IE5. I don't know. I do know that NoteTab
      use to get blamed a lot for "taking over" users computer when it
      fact it did no such thing with the user saying OK to associate
      text files with NoteTab. Their lack of knowledge about
      associations and seeing the Swiss flag all over their computer,
      well, some accused NoteTab of having a virus infecting their
      whole computer. Then others that would know what happened, but
      missed the associations [Yes|No] question would be upset that
      NoteTab did it without them saying OK which is simply not true.
      I'm glad Eric took that off the installation menu!

      http://www.sureword.com/notetab

      The NoteTab and Html List...
      mailto:Ntb-html-Subscribe@...
    • Ian Ornstein
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 10, 2000
        Jody, thanks for your very fast response.

        Adds on web pages are one thing;
        Adds on the product we are evaluating (NetCaptor) are expected.
        Modifying another program is very bad form and goes far beyond the
        bounds of propriety.

        Using animated anthing also violates one of Jacob Nielson's top 10 mistakes
        in web design.
        I find it rude and irritating.

        Please don't thing that I am blaming you.
        This thing has me rattled. I regard it as parasitic.

        Thaks for your help.

        - IanO -