Re: Unprogrammed line at top of page when viewed in browser without going to actual web site

  • John Zeman
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 7, 2003
      John, it looks to me like you've created your web page from within a
      NoteTab outline file. What you're seeing is:

      1. The code NoteTab puts at the beginning of each outline to identify
      it as a NoteTab outline document.

      2. The name of the first heading of the outline.

      And yes, if left as is it will appear to others as you see it.

      HTML documents should be stand alone documents.

      John

      --- In ntb-html@yahoogroups.com, "john buchanan" <buchanan@g...>
      wrote:
      > Dear NoteTab Pro gurus,
      >
      > When I try to review my prospective web site in my computer's
      internal browser, there is a line across the top of the rest of the
      web site that says "= V4 Outline MultiLine NoSorting TabWidth=30
      H='Proof No God,'" "Proof No God" being the name of my proposed web
      site. Will this line appear on the top of the actual web page when I
      publish it through my ISP? It totally ruins the aesthetics of the
      entire layout and I don't want it there! I see it nowhere in the
      programming for the set-up of my page. What do I have to do to get
      rid of it?

      > Thanks for any help you can give me.
      >
      > Regards,
      >
      > John buchanan@g...

    • Toby Scott
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 7, 2003
        John,

        Remove the line from your NoteTab Pro document. Somehow you started with an
        outline document when you began the page. It is simple to remove it. It
        will probably be near the beginning of your document. Highlight it and hit
        Delete.

        -Toby
      • john buchanan
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 7, 2003
          Toby,

          Thanks. Being a novice at this is a real pain, though exciting and
          satisfying. Really appreciate your input.

          John buchanan@...