Unprogrammed line at top of page when viewed in browser without going to actual web site

  • john buchanan
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 6, 2003
      Dear NoteTab Pro gurus,

      When I try to review my prospective web site in my computer's internal browser, there is a line across the top of the rest of the web site that says "= V4 Outline MultiLine NoSorting TabWidth=30 H='Proof No God,'" "Proof No God" being the name of my proposed web site. Will this line appear on the top of the actual web page when I publish it through my ISP? It totally ruins the aesthetics of the entire layout and I don't want it there! I see it nowhere in the programming for the set-up of my page. What do I have to do to get rid of it?

      Thanks for any help you can give me.

      Regards,

      John buchanan@...

    • John Zeman
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 7, 2003
        John, it looks to me like you've created your web page from within a
        NoteTab outline file. What you're seeing is:

        1. The code NoteTab puts at the beginning of each outline to identify
        it as a NoteTab outline document.

        2. The name of the first heading of the outline.

        And yes, if left as is it will appear to others as you see it.

        HTML documents should be stand alone documents.

        John

        --- In ntb-html@yahoogroups.com, "john buchanan" <buchanan@g...>
        wrote:
        > Dear NoteTab Pro gurus,
        >
        > When I try to review my prospective web site in my computer's
        internal browser, there is a line across the top of the rest of the
        web site that says "= V4 Outline MultiLine NoSorting TabWidth=30
        H='Proof No God,'" "Proof No God" being the name of my proposed web
        site. Will this line appear on the top of the actual web page when I
        publish it through my ISP? It totally ruins the aesthetics of the
        entire layout and I don't want it there! I see it nowhere in the
        programming for the set-up of my page. What do I have to do to get
        rid of it?

        > Thanks for any help you can give me.
        >
        > Regards,
        >
        > John buchanan@g...

      • Toby Scott
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 7, 2003
          John,

          Remove the line from your NoteTab Pro document. Somehow you started with an
          outline document when you began the page. It is simple to remove it. It
          will probably be near the beginning of your document. Highlight it and hit
          Delete.

          -Toby
        • john buchanan
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 7, 2003
            Toby,

            Thanks. Being a novice at this is a real pain, though exciting and
            satisfying. Really appreciate your input.

            John buchanan@...