Re: [NH] Re: [NTB] Making NoteTab "bind" to an instance/window of IE

  • Kay Roath
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 7, 2000
      4/6/2000 12:28 AM Wayne VanWeerthuizen wrote

      > Opera does many things right, and is a great browser. It allows
      > multiple browser windows within a single instance, but the user
      > interface for controlling the windows is archaic. Last I checked,
      > Opera still lacked a tabbed interface, which to me is a major
      > shortcoming. Also, Opera's trial version expires after 30 days.

      Actually, there is a free utility called WinTabs that gives you
      tabs in Opera & IE. If you want to use multiple windows in
      Opera from NoteTab, you need to manually change your ini
      NewBrowserWindow=1
      under Options - the default is
      NewBrowserWindow=0
      which means anything sent from NoteTab is displayed in the
      currently active Opera window.

      It's a great browser but it takes lots of betas to get to a
      stable version & I wouldn't recommend trying their 4.0 beta
      right now. 3.62 is good.

      --- Grandma Kay ---
    • Ian Ornstein
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 9, 2000
        Based upon this discussion and apparent high regards for Net Captor,
        I downloaded it and installed it.

        Today, when I started IE5, I have what appears (to me) a virus on my
        browser called Get NetSonic! There is a rocket ship icon on the
        title bar, that is animated, pulling a clickable banner with all
        sorts of adds;
        the rocketship icon is also on the extreem right of the status bar
        with the Get NetSonic! label.

        Could this be caused by Net Captor?
        If so it isn't worth it to me if I have to put up with this clutter.
        I pay for connect time and don't want distractions from unsolicited
        adds.

        If this is not from Net Captor, can someone PLEASE tell me how to get
        rid of it.

        TIA

        - IanO -
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 9, 2000
          Hi Ian,

          > Today, when I started IE5, I have what appears (to me) a virus
          > on my browser called Get NetSonic! There is a rocket ship icon
          > on the title bar, that is animated, pulling a clickable banner
          > with all sorts of adds; the rocketship icon is also on the
          > extreem right of the status bar with the Get NetSonic! label.
          >
          > Could this be caused by Net Captor?

          Most likely, but you might have an option to not put that on IE.
          I don't know because last time I checked the upgrade was still in
          beta testing so I did not get it.

          > If so it isn't worth it to me if I have to put up with this
          > clutter. I pay for connect time and don't want distractions
          > from unsolicited adds.

          That is understood. I don't use the freeware which is ad supported,
          so I don't see the ads.

          > If this is not from Net Captor, can someone PLEASE tell me how
          > to get rid of it.

          Register if you like the product enough, if not, uninstall NetCaptor.

          http://www.sureword.com/notetab

          The NoteTab and Html List...
          mailto:Ntb-html-Subscribe@...