Re: [NH] RE: [NTB] Making NoteTab "bind" to an instance/window of IE

    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 7, 2000
      Hi Wayne & Mujtaba

      > A row of tabs let you quickly switch between pages, and the
      > tabs are color coded to indicate which pages have finished
      > cause you to lose a page you were already viewing.

      Normally when I hit a page and there are a few places I want to
      hit, or not sure which I need to do I just hold the Shift key
      down and click on about a half dozen links, then answer some mail
      or work on a script for a few minutes, then I go back and it is
      all in tabs waiting for me. Sometimes I hang around and wait for
      the tabs to change color and hit them as they come up. I don't
      mind browsing at all with NetCaptor. I was getting to hate it
      because of slow unorganized sites.

      Wayne, how's 4.81 Cross Reference coming along? I added all the
      commands in mine just so they would be handy, but eagerly waiting
      the real thing. Thanks!

      http://www.sureword.com/notetab

      The NoteTab and Html List...
      mailto:Ntb-html-Subscribe@...
    • Kay Roath
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 7, 2000
        4/6/2000 12:28 AM Wayne VanWeerthuizen wrote

        > Opera does many things right, and is a great browser. It allows
        > multiple browser windows within a single instance, but the user
        > interface for controlling the windows is archaic. Last I checked,
        > Opera still lacked a tabbed interface, which to me is a major
        > shortcoming. Also, Opera's trial version expires after 30 days.

        Actually, there is a free utility called WinTabs that gives you
        tabs in Opera & IE. If you want to use multiple windows in
        Opera from NoteTab, you need to manually change your ini
        NewBrowserWindow=1
        under Options - the default is
        NewBrowserWindow=0
        which means anything sent from NoteTab is displayed in the
        currently active Opera window.

        It's a great browser but it takes lots of betas to get to a
        stable version & I wouldn't recommend trying their 4.0 beta
        right now. 3.62 is good.

        --- Grandma Kay ---
      • Ian Ornstein
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 9, 2000
          Based upon this discussion and apparent high regards for Net Captor,
          I downloaded it and installed it.

          Today, when I started IE5, I have what appears (to me) a virus on my
          browser called Get NetSonic! There is a rocket ship icon on the
          title bar, that is animated, pulling a clickable banner with all
          sorts of adds;
          the rocketship icon is also on the extreem right of the status bar
          with the Get NetSonic! label.

          Could this be caused by Net Captor?
          If so it isn't worth it to me if I have to put up with this clutter.
          I pay for connect time and don't want distractions from unsolicited
          adds.

          If this is not from Net Captor, can someone PLEASE tell me how to get
          rid of it.

          TIA

          - IanO -
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 9, 2000
            Hi Ian,

            > Today, when I started IE5, I have what appears (to me) a virus
            > on my browser called Get NetSonic! There is a rocket ship icon
            > on the title bar, that is animated, pulling a clickable banner
            > with all sorts of adds; the rocketship icon is also on the
            > extreem right of the status bar with the Get NetSonic! label.
            >
            > Could this be caused by Net Captor?

            Most likely, but you might have an option to not put that on IE.
            I don't know because last time I checked the upgrade was still in
            beta testing so I did not get it.

            > If so it isn't worth it to me if I have to put up with this
            > clutter. I pay for connect time and don't want distractions
            > from unsolicited adds.

            That is understood. I don't use the freeware which is ad supported,
            so I don't see the ads.

            > If this is not from Net Captor, can someone PLEASE tell me how
            > to get rid of it.

            Register if you like the product enough, if not, uninstall NetCaptor.