Re: [NH] RE: [NTB] Making NoteTab "bind" to an instance/window of IE

  • Wayne VanWeerthuizen
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 6, 2000
      Mujtaba Ali <mali@...> wrote:

      >That's all fine and dandy, but does NetCaptor solve this "binding" problem?
      >BTW: There are two types of "binds": one which binds a specific document to
      >an instance/window, and another that binds NoteTab to an instance/window. I
      >prefer the latter, but I just wanted to point this out.

      NetCaptor works with multiple web pages the same way NoteTab works with
      multiple documents. All the pages are open simultaneously in the same
      instance. A row of tabs let you quickly switch between pages, and the
      tabs are color coded to indicate which pages have finished loading. You
      don't have to worry that loading a new page will cause you to lose a
      page you were already viewing.

      --
      Wayne M. VanWeerthuizen
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 7, 2000
        Hi Wayne & Mujtaba

        > A row of tabs let you quickly switch between pages, and the
        > tabs are color coded to indicate which pages have finished
        > cause you to lose a page you were already viewing.

        Normally when I hit a page and there are a few places I want to
        hit, or not sure which I need to do I just hold the Shift key
        down and click on about a half dozen links, then answer some mail
        or work on a script for a few minutes, then I go back and it is
        all in tabs waiting for me. Sometimes I hang around and wait for
        the tabs to change color and hit them as they come up. I don't
        mind browsing at all with NetCaptor. I was getting to hate it
        because of slow unorganized sites.

        Wayne, how's 4.81 Cross Reference coming along? I added all the
        commands in mine just so they would be handy, but eagerly waiting
        the real thing. Thanks!

        http://www.sureword.com/notetab

        The NoteTab and Html List...
        mailto:Ntb-html-Subscribe@...
      • Kay Roath
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 7, 2000
          4/6/2000 12:28 AM Wayne VanWeerthuizen wrote

          > Opera does many things right, and is a great browser. It allows
          > multiple browser windows within a single instance, but the user
          > interface for controlling the windows is archaic. Last I checked,
          > Opera still lacked a tabbed interface, which to me is a major
          > shortcoming. Also, Opera's trial version expires after 30 days.

          Actually, there is a free utility called WinTabs that gives you
          tabs in Opera & IE. If you want to use multiple windows in
          Opera from NoteTab, you need to manually change your ini
          NewBrowserWindow=1
          under Options - the default is
          NewBrowserWindow=0
          which means anything sent from NoteTab is displayed in the
          currently active Opera window.

          It's a great browser but it takes lots of betas to get to a
          stable version & I wouldn't recommend trying their 4.0 beta
          right now. 3.62 is good.

          --- Grandma Kay ---
        • Ian Ornstein
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 9, 2000
            Based upon this discussion and apparent high regards for Net Captor,
            I downloaded it and installed it.

            Today, when I started IE5, I have what appears (to me) a virus on my
            browser called Get NetSonic! There is a rocket ship icon on the
            title bar, that is animated, pulling a clickable banner with all
            sorts of adds;
            the rocketship icon is also on the extreem right of the status bar
            with the Get NetSonic! label.

            Could this be caused by Net Captor?
            If so it isn't worth it to me if I have to put up with this clutter.
            I pay for connect time and don't want distractions from unsolicited
            adds.

            If this is not from Net Captor, can someone PLEASE tell me how to get
            rid of it.

            TIA

            - IanO -
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 9, 2000
              Hi Ian,

              > Today, when I started IE5, I have what appears (to me) a virus
              > on my browser called Get NetSonic! There is a rocket ship icon
              > on the title bar, that is animated, pulling a clickable banner
              > with all sorts of adds; the rocketship icon is also on the
              > extreem right of the status bar with the Get NetSonic! label.
              >
              > Could this be caused by Net Captor?

              Most likely, but you might have an option to not put that on IE.
              I don't know because last time I checked the upgrade was still in
              beta testing so I did not get it.

              > If so it isn't worth it to me if I have to put up with this
              > clutter. I pay for connect time and don't want distractions
              > from unsolicited adds.

              That is understood. I don't use the freeware which is ad supported,
              so I don't see the ads.

              > If this is not from Net Captor, can someone PLEASE tell me how
              > to get rid of it.

              Register if you like the product enough, if not, uninstall NetCaptor.