Re: CSS books for newbies

  • Mike Breiding
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 29, 2003
      At 03:39 PM 10/29/2003 -0500, Mary Lund wrote:
      >I started with "Cascading Style Sheets," 2nd ed. by Hakon Lie and Bert
      >Bos. I found it a great introduction, with more theoretical context than
      >you usually find. The only caveat is that there is a lot of material that
      >hasn't been implemented by browsers (yet), so you need to keep your eye on
      >the icons showing implementation. There is so much on the web that a book
      >is hardly necessary, however.
      >Mary

      I decided to go ahead and order the titles below.
      Truly there is a wealth of info about CSS on the web, but I like the
      convenience and practicality of good old fashioned books.

      Cascading Style Sheets: The Definitive Guide
      By: Eric A. Meyer

      HTML Pocket Reference (2nd Edition)
      By: Jennifer Niederst

      CSS Pocket Reference