[NH] Re: HTML templates

  • John Zeman
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 29, 2003
      The basic concept of NoteTab templates is pretty easy to understand
      Ed. They're just a combination of NoteTab clip commands and plain
      text (or in an HTML template, HTML tags). The clip commands are
      processed like they would be in a clip and the document text is
      inserted into a new document.

      To create a new template for yourself, go to the NoteTab menu command
      of FILE then TEMPLATE then NEW

      NoteTab by default will insert the first line (which is included in
      my previous posted template here). Then just add the text, html tags,
      clip wizards, commands etc to make it what you want. When you
      click "save" NoteTab will automatically designate it as a template
      and prompt you to save it in the templates folder.

      To use your custom template to create a new document, just go to FILE
      then TEMPLATE then OPEN and select the one you created. Or you can
      call it from a clip in a way similar to this:

      ^!Open "C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Templates\My Custom Template.tpl"

      Where "My Custom Template.tpl" is the name of your template.

      John

      --- In ntb-html@yahoogroups.com, "Ed Brown" <ebrown27@b...> wrote:
      > Sounds good to me, but I do not understand every thing you are
      saying right now, let me re read it slow and play with it a little.
      I need a little more explanation. Will get back to you later got to
      run now.
      > ed

      HTML
      > templates in NoteTab.
      >
      > Why not create a custom new template to serve your needs
      specifically
      > Ed? FWIW below is the one I use for myself. (Note: things like
      the
      > doctype, permanent keywords, and description are added later).
      >
      > John
      >

      > = DocTemplate ClipCode "NoName%0.2d.html"
      > <head>
      > <title>^?[Enter Web Page Title]</title>
      ASCII">

      > </head>

      > <a name="top"></a>

      > ; PUT CURSOR AT THE BEGINNING OF THE BODY SECTION DOCUMENT
      > ^!Jump DOC_START
      > ^!Find <body>
      > ^!Jump +2
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor