Re: [NH] HTML templates

  • Don Passenger
    Message 1 of 20 , Oct 28, 2003
      Yep, that actually involves a couple of things when you click on it Ed. It
      is clip based and then pulls in a template. I suspect you may have somehow
      corrupted one or the other by accident. I would suggest that you get new
      copies of the library and the template. See if that doesn't fix the
      problem.

      --

      Don Passenger
    • Ed
      Message 2 of 20 , Oct 28, 2003
        Where do I get the new copies?
        Yep, that actually involves a couple of things when you click on it Ed. It
        is clip based and then pulls in a template. I suspect you may have somehow
        corrupted one or the other by accident. I would suggest that you get new
        copies of the library and the template. See if that doesn't fix the
        problem.

        --

        Don Passenger

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • hsavage
        Message 3 of 20 , Oct 28, 2003
          Ed wrote:

          > here do I get the new copies?

          Ed,

          I think the files, HTML.clb(the clipbook library) and HTML.tpl(the
          template file) are included in the install package of NoteTab Pro.

          The .clb files are in the NoteTab Libraries folder and the .tpl files
          are in the NoteTab Templates folder. You should be able to get new
          copies just by reinstalling NoteTab on top of the current installation.

          I do think I would delete the 2 files before reinstalling though. I
          don't know if reinstalling would bypass existing files or not. In the
          past it would overwrite certain libraries and other files and it still
          might.

          A reinstall shouldn't change anything in your NoteTab setup.

          hrs
        • John Zeman
          Message 4 of 20 , Oct 29, 2003
            Hi Ed and all,

            I got lost awhile back here as to what everyone is trying to figure
            out in this discussion. However, I can tell you're talking about HTML
            templates in NoteTab.

            Why not create a custom new template to serve your needs specifically
            Ed? FWIW below is the one I use for myself. (Note: things like the
            doctype, permanent keywords, and description are added later).

            John

            = DocTemplate ClipCode "NoName%0.2d.html"
            <head>
            <title>^?[Enter Web Page Title]</title>

            </head>

            <a name="top"></a>

            ; PUT CURSOR AT THE BEGINNING OF THE BODY SECTION DOCUMENT
            ^!Jump DOC_START
            ^!Find <body>
            ^!Jump +2