Re: Re: [NH] HTML templates

  • Don Passenger
    Message 1 of 20 , Oct 28, 2003
      Ed, Run the template once and it will remember the value you use when you
      run it again!

      --

      Don Passenger
    • Ed
      Message 2 of 20 , Oct 28, 2003
        --- In ntb-html@yahoogroups.com, "Don Passenger" <dpasseng@i...> wrote:
        > I think if I understand correctly, you just need to run the template
        fresh
        > this time, replace your info which is stored in the ini file for reuse
        > later.
        >
        > --
        >
        > Don Passenger

        Don,
        IF you mean change it in the template I did that. But next time I
        wanted to use the template it brought up the old email addy. So it
        looks as if I will have to go to CLIPs and see if someone will show me
        how to change the information contained in the clip.
        Ed
      • Ed Brown
        Message 3 of 20 , Oct 28, 2003
          OK, I think I understand what I am doing wrong. Where do I go to get the wizard?
          Ed
          >> I think if I understand correctly, you just need to run the
          >> template fresh
          >
          >> this time, replace your info which is stored in the ini file for reuse
          >> later.
          >>
          >> Don Passenger
          >
          > Don,
          > IF you mean change it in the template I did that. But next time I
          > wanted to use the template it brought up the old email addy. So it
          > looks as if I will have to go to CLIPs and see if someone will show me
          > how to change the information contained in the clip.
          > Ed

          Ed, Don,

          After looking at the HTML template it appears Don is correct. If you
          run the template completely through both wizards the email address
          should change to, and offer, the latest entry upon next use.

          And, in fact, the email address offered does change on the next run, I
          ran the template to verify that.

          If it doesn't work for you there may be an error in the template text,
          you might try to edit it, or, if you would rather, try to obtain another
          copy of HTML.tpl.

          hrs

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        • Ed Brown
          Message 4 of 20 , Oct 28, 2003
            SIGH! Sigh! That is what I thought the first time around. So I did it and believe me it is not doing bringing up the correct address for some unknown reason. When I click on it the template or wizard opens with all the old information. I just put the correct address in the block that says email address, clicked on it and it put the new address in on the page but then closed it. Closed NoteTab Pro. Brought it up again clicked on new web page and again it brought up the OLD ADDRESS. It does not remember the new one. Why I don't have a clue. Believe me on this computer it is not working right.
            Ed
            Message 5 of 20 , Oct 28, 2003

              Message 6 of 20 , Oct 28, 2003
                NoteTab Pro 4.86c/np (Full Version)
                As far as I can tell we are talking apples, but I hope you are not talking Winesap as I am talking Delicious. ;-).
                Ed
                Message 7 of 20 , Oct 28, 2003
                  I think I am in the HTML library. It is the column on the left that comes up when you click HTML at the bottom of the page. It is the only one with in Red at the top HTML Template, underneath ! New Web Page (the template) and underneath that in red is Document Elements. Is this correct?
                  Ed

                      Message 10 of 20 , Oct 28, 2003
                        Message 11 of 20 , Oct 28, 2003
                          It seems I goofed in resending this message, to make a long story short I did just what you are describing but the default remains the old email address. It will work ok for the first new page, but when I try to make the second new page the old address comes up Seems to me that I may have to go in and somehow edit the template wizard so it will know to bring up the new page.
                          Ed

                          Message 12 of 20 , Oct 28, 2003
                            Ed Brown wrote:

                            > OK, I think I understand what I am doing wrong. Where do I go to get
                            the wizard?
                            > Ed

                            click OK, and then go through the second wizard and click OK. At this

                            Message 13 of 20 , Oct 28, 2003
                              Yep, that actually involves a couple of things when you click on it Ed. It
                              is clip based and then pulls in a template. I suspect you may have somehow
                              corrupted one or the other by accident. I would suggest that you get new
                              copies of the library and the template. See if that doesn't fix the
                              problem.

                              --

                              Don Passenger
                            • Ed

                                Message 15 of 20 , Oct 28, 2003
                                  Ed wrote:

                                  > here do I get the new copies?

                                  Ed,

                                  I think the files, HTML.clb(the clipbook library) and HTML.tpl(the
                                  template file) are included in the install package of NoteTab Pro.

                                  The .clb files are in the NoteTab Libraries folder and the .tpl files
                                  are in the NoteTab Templates folder. You should be able to get new
                                  copies just by reinstalling NoteTab on top of the current installation.

                                  I do think I would delete the 2 files before reinstalling though. I
                                  don't know if reinstalling would bypass existing files or not. In the
                                  past it would overwrite certain libraries and other files and it still
                                  might.

                                  A reinstall shouldn't change anything in your NoteTab setup.

                                  hrs
                                • John Zeman
                                  Message 16 of 20 , Oct 29, 2003
                                    Hi Ed and all,

                                    I got lost awhile back here as to what everyone is trying to figure
                                    out in this discussion. However, I can tell you're talking about HTML
                                    templates in NoteTab.

                                    Why not create a custom new template to serve your needs specifically
                                    Ed? FWIW below is the one I use for myself. (Note: things like the
                                    doctype, permanent keywords, and description are added later).

                                    John

                                    = DocTemplate ClipCode "NoName%0.2d.html"
                                    <head>
                                    <title>^?[Enter Web Page Title]</title>

                                    </head>

                                    <a name="top"></a>

                                    ; PUT CURSOR AT THE BEGINNING OF THE BODY SECTION DOCUMENT
                                    ^!Jump DOC_START
                                    ^!Find <body>
                                    ^!Jump +2