Re: code problem

  • John Morse
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 28, 2003
      Hi Rudolf,

      RH> is "arv" so much better?

      What is "ARV" ?

      John Morse
    • Rudolf Horbas
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 28, 2003
        Hi John,

        John Morse wrote:
        > RH> is "arv" so much better?
        > What is "ARV" ?

        That was my question to Marie. Read the whole line:
        RH> why'd you hate using tidy? is "arv" so much better? (what is
        RH> it anyway?)

        Marie had written in her original posting:
        > After 3 yrs. on site, I made a minor change on this page, then
        > checked it out with ARV and (...)

        Marie?
        Could You shed some light, please? (or anyone else)

        Rudi
      • mcmaier
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 28, 2003
          ARV is validating program created by a young, very gifted kid many years
          ago. There is an on-line program and a download for a desktop program if you
          choose. Here's a link:

          http://www.htmlhelp.com/tools/validator/

          MM
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 28, 2003
            Hi Rudolf and John,

            Rudolf Horbas wrote:
            >John Morse wrote:
            >> RH> is "arv" so much better?
            >> What is "ARV" ?
            <snip>
            >Could You shed some light, please? (or anyone else)

            Ah, my favorite! ARV is a validator. Tidy, good as it is for its purpose, is not. ARV is a standalone Windows version of the WDG validator and by the same author. I recommend it highly. Not free but fairly priced and paying entitles you to all future upgrades. I don't use it as often now when I'm on ADSL but it saved me many times its own cost when I was on dial-up. You can save projects, something I guess many people see as an advantage over online validation.

            <http://arealvalidator.com/>
            <http://www.htmlhelp.com/tools/validator/>
            <http://www.htmlhelp.com/links/validators.htm>
            <http://arealvalidator.com/real-validation.html>