Re: [NH] code problem

  • mcmaier
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 28, 2003
      I did and I will. Thanks all................MM
    • John Morse
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 28, 2003
        Hi Rudolf,

        RH> is "arv" so much better?

        What is "ARV" ?

        John Morse
      • Rudolf Horbas
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 28, 2003
          Hi John,

          John Morse wrote:
          > RH> is "arv" so much better?
          > What is "ARV" ?

          That was my question to Marie. Read the whole line:
          RH> why'd you hate using tidy? is "arv" so much better? (what is
          RH> it anyway?)

          Marie had written in her original posting:
          > After 3 yrs. on site, I made a minor change on this page, then
          > checked it out with ARV and (...)

          Marie?
          Could You shed some light, please? (or anyone else)

          Rudi
        • mcmaier
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 28, 2003
            ARV is validating program created by a young, very gifted kid many years
            ago. There is an on-line program and a download for a desktop program if you
            choose. Here's a link:

            http://www.htmlhelp.com/tools/validator/

            MM
            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 28, 2003
              Hi Rudolf and John,

              Rudolf Horbas wrote:
              >John Morse wrote:
              >> RH> is "arv" so much better?
              >> What is "ARV" ?
              <snip>
              >Could You shed some light, please? (or anyone else)

              Ah, my favorite! ARV is a validator. Tidy, good as it is for its purpose, is not. ARV is a standalone Windows version of the WDG validator and by the same author. I recommend it highly. Not free but fairly priced and paying entitles you to all future upgrades. I don't use it as often now when I'm on ADSL but it saved me many times its own cost when I was on dial-up. You can save projects, something I guess many people see as an advantage over online validation.

              <http://arealvalidator.com/>
              <http://www.htmlhelp.com/tools/validator/>
              <http://www.htmlhelp.com/links/validators.htm>
              <http://arealvalidator.com/real-validation.html>