Re: [NH] code problem

  • Don Passenger
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 28, 2003
      well her dtd is html 4.0
      I think the problem may be that you don't close one a href before you start
      the next one.

      --

      Don Passenger
    • mcmaier
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 28, 2003
        I did and I will. Thanks all................MM
      • John Morse
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 28, 2003
          Hi Rudolf,

          RH> is "arv" so much better?

          What is "ARV" ?

          John Morse
        • Rudolf Horbas
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 28, 2003
            Hi John,

            John Morse wrote:
            > RH> is "arv" so much better?
            > What is "ARV" ?

            That was my question to Marie. Read the whole line:
            RH> why'd you hate using tidy? is "arv" so much better? (what is
            RH> it anyway?)

            Marie had written in her original posting:
            > After 3 yrs. on site, I made a minor change on this page, then
            > checked it out with ARV and (...)

            Marie?
            Could You shed some light, please? (or anyone else)

            Rudi
          • mcmaier
            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 28, 2003
              ARV is validating program created by a young, very gifted kid many years
              ago. There is an on-line program and a download for a desktop program if you
              choose. Here's a link:

              http://www.htmlhelp.com/tools/validator/

              MM
              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 28, 2003
                Hi Rudolf and John,

                Rudolf Horbas wrote:
                >John Morse wrote:
                >> RH> is "arv" so much better?
                >> What is "ARV" ?
                <snip>
                >Could You shed some light, please? (or anyone else)

                Ah, my favorite! ARV is a validator. Tidy, good as it is for its purpose, is not. ARV is a standalone Windows version of the WDG validator and by the same author. I recommend it highly. Not free but fairly priced and paying entitles you to all future upgrades. I don't use it as often now when I'm on ADSL but it saved me many times its own cost when I was on dial-up. You can save projects, something I guess many people see as an advantage over online validation.

                <http://arealvalidator.com/>
                <http://www.htmlhelp.com/tools/validator/>
                <http://www.htmlhelp.com/links/validators.htm>
                <http://arealvalidator.com/real-validation.html>