RE: photo editor

  • j.sb2
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 28, 2003
      Group,

      I use notetab as my web page editor and I have had a continually unsettling
      experience with image transfer.

      Is there a replacement program for Microsoft Photo Editor?

      I have had several images sent up to the web site and not execute properly
      only to find out that those same images cannot be seen in the editor.

      Come to think of it would the editor be corrupted -- Naw!

      Let me know,

      Joe
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 29, 2003
        .sb2 wrote:
        >I use notetab as my web page editor and I have had a continually unsettling
        >experience with image transfer.
        >
        >Is there a replacement program for Microsoft Photo Editor?
        >
        > I have had several images sent up to the web site and not execute properly
        >only to find out that those same images cannot be seen in the editor.

        Not sure what Microsoft Photo Editor is. It's probably hiding somewhere on my HD. How do you transfer the images? FTP? I wonder of you maybe send them in Text Mode instead of Binary?

        Lotta
      • Greg Chapman
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 29, 2003
          Hi Lotta,

          > Not sure what Microsoft Photo Editor is. It's probably hiding
          > somewhere on my HD. How do you transfer the images? FTP? I wonder
          > of you maybe send them in Text Mode instead of Binary?

          It's part of an MS Office installation, which normally resides in the
          "Microsoft Office Tools" branch of the Start menu. It seems to vary with
          the version of Office that you have as to whether it installs by default.

          Greg
        • Christine
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 29, 2003
            Hi all!

            I was wondering if anyone kept the digests?

            I have had a very weird "bug" happen. I choose the word "bug" carefully,
            since no one, anywhere, has ever heard of this. Even I would tell you it's
            your imagination. Uninstalling software seems to delete my profile, which
            contains Outlook and Outlook Express, mail files, Favorites, Temporary
            Internet Files, settings for FTP programs, NT Back-up catalogues, and many
            more important items.

            So I lost that. I rebuilt from back-up and was working on my computer
            again. Evidently, since I mapped the drives to the back-ups, the next time
            I uninstalled something -- 2 weeks later -- it searched through all my
            drives and deleted my back-ups. My tale of woe. I find myself strangely
            grieving!

            My 5 year calendar, contacts, receipts, registrations, invoices, genealogy
            contacts, etc., are gone. Ironically, I have become a back-up fanatic.
            I've been backing up daily, refreshing every hour if I'm working. I just
            had to reboot because of stupid satellite issues, and an uninstall deleted
            the profile again. At least I have the last 3 days' work in back-up! I'm
            losing my mind on this one. But that's another rant. (Any suggestions or
            ideas?)

            Anyway, I'm looking for my lists' digests back to August 2 of 2002. If you
            happen to be an anal collector as I am, please email me privately?
            Christine@....

            I appreciate anyone's time and help. Thank you in advance!

            Christine
          • Christine

              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 29, 2003
                Wow that is indeed a new one to me. I would do a search on the MS
                Knowledgebase to determine whether there is a remedy to this.

                Albert
                Atlanta GA

                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 29, 2003
                  Trust me, Dah'link.
                  I've been all over there, and every tech support board, group, hardware
                  component, software manufacturer, and place I can think of to figure this
                  out. No one has ever heard of such a thing -- and most have the attitude
                  *I* would have taken: Probably Newbie who must obviously be mistaken. But
                  I'm not.

                  Every uninstall deletes the profile. I'm backing up like crazy, but going
                  back into back-ups is causing some corruption in the mail back-up files, and
                  I'm having trouble sending. I'm trying not to have to face a system rebuild
                  again, but I might just have to.

                  <sigh>
                  Thanks for the thought, though.
                  Christine