Re: [NH] colored HTML tagsin NoteTab Lite?

  • Larry Hamilton
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 10, 2003
      NoteTab Pro has HTML syntax highlighting.

      Larry Hamilton
      lmh@...
      http://notlimah.tripod.com/

      Peggy Gittins wrote:
      > Hi all,
      >
      > I'm a first time user of NoteTab Lite and was wondering whether NTL
      > (when writing HTML code) colors the tags green and reds, etc like VB
      > editors?
      >
      > It would be much easier to read the HTML. Do the other versions of
      > Note Tab do it? or does this version do it and I'm just being a bit
      > dense?
      >
      > Great product other than that so far.
      >
      > Many thanks
      > Moss Qureshi (using peggy gittins' - my boss's e-mail !)
      > UK
    • Rudolf Horbas
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 11, 2003
        Larry Hamilton wrote:
        > NoteTab Pro has HTML syntax highlighting.

        Doesn't Lite have highlighting during the 30 day test period?

        Here's the help file text:
        -------------------------------
        Freeware and Trial Versions

        NoteTab Light

        NoteTab Light is the freeware version. Unlike the commercial version, it
        does not have a spell checker or thesaurus. The new Clipbar feature
        (user-made toolbars) is not available either. Furthermore it only lets
        you read outline documents and EBCDIC files, customize menu shortcuts,
        and the Search Disk tool does not provide the Replace feature. When you
        install NoteTab Light for the first time, it will ask you if you want to
        try some of the commercial features. If you answer yes, you will have
        access to all the outline editing commands and the Replace option for
        the Search Disk tool will be available. If you answer no, you can always
        change your mind later on by choosing the View | Commercial Features
        menu command. Once enabled, these extra features are available for one
        month. After that period, NoteTab Light simply reverts to its original
        state. If you purchase the commercial version, you can install it over
        the freeware version and preserve all your settings.

        NoteTab Pro (Trial)

        The NoteTab Pro trial version, which is freely available for
        downloading, has all the features of the commercial version except for
        the spell checker and the thesaurus, which are not included. The trial
        version is time limited and will stop working about one month after the
        moment it was first installed. The program can be uninstalled after the
        trial period or you can still use it to connect to the order form on the
        Web. If you purchase the commercial version, you can install it over the
        trial version and preserve all your settings.
        -------------------------------

        Doesn't mention syntax highlighting, though ...

        Rudi
      • Larry Hamilton
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 11, 2003
          Rudolf Horbas wrote:
          > Larry Hamilton wrote:
          >> NoteTab Pro has HTML syntax highlighting.
          >
          > Doesn't Lite have highlighting during the 30 day test period?

          During the NoteTab Lite Trial period, it acts like Standard.

          Of course, the Pro trial has syntax highlighting.

          Larry