Re: [NH] View in Browser

    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 6, 2003
      Hi Ray,

      >You said you have nine lines under an entry for [ie]. I don't
      >have ANY entry for [ie]. Could that be the problem?

      You probably do, but just looking in the wrong place. Open
      Browsers.dat in NoteTab. It is found in NoteTab's main folder.
      My first entry is the default I'm sure.

      [ie]
      Command=iexplore.exe
      UseDDE=1
      Application=IExplore
      DdeCommand=
      DdeExec="%1",,%2,0,,,,
      Topic=WWW_OpenURL
      Application_New=
      DDEExec_New=
      Topic_New=

      There is a registry setting that use to cause problems with
      browsers not coming to the front. I am too tired to find it now
      and don't know if it would play a part. (It is in Tweak UI also
      and it says something like allow programs to come to the front.)

      Happy html'n!

      www.notetab.net www.clean-funnies.com
    • R Shapp
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 6, 2003
        Hi Jody,

        You're right. I misinterpreted your previous post to mean the [ie] info was
        in the .INI file. My Browsers.dat file is very nearly the same as yours.

        I still have the multiple instances of browser problem, but I'm willing to
        drop the subject for now, but I will be watching to see if anyone else
        broaches the topic in future.

        Thanks again for your efforts.

        Ray Shapp
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 7, 2003
          Hi R Shapp,

          Sorry. You might try a new ini file just for the fun of it. You
          can always fall back to the old to keep from having to change all
          your preferences.

          If you want to create a new INI file, close NoteTab and rename
          NotePro.ini found in its main folder (NoteTab.ini for Std/Light).
          Start up NoteTab and it will use its default settings actually
          creating the INI file when you shut it down.

          You may edit the INI file inside NoteTab. Simply save the file
          with an exclamation mark (!NotePro.ini or !NoteTab.ini) in front
          of it and restart NoteTab.