Re: [NH] View in Browser

  • R Shapp
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 5, 2003
      Hi Jody,

      <<I tried every which way but loose to get it to open a second window >>

      Thanks for all your effort.

      I have 131 lines in the [Options] section of my NotePro.ini file. In my case,
      some of my entries are:

      [Options]
      UseBAK=0
      NewBrowserWindow=0

      [Toolbar]
      Space_25=0;117;0
      Space_26=0;118;0

      You said you have nine lines under an entry for [ie]. I don't have ANY entry
      for [ie]. Could that be the problem?

      Thanks again,

      Ray Shapp
      NTPro 4.95, WinXP Home
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 6, 2003
        Hi Ray,

        >You said you have nine lines under an entry for [ie]. I don't
        >have ANY entry for [ie]. Could that be the problem?

        You probably do, but just looking in the wrong place. Open
        Browsers.dat in NoteTab. It is found in NoteTab's main folder.
        My first entry is the default I'm sure.

        [ie]
        Command=iexplore.exe
        UseDDE=1
        Application=IExplore
        DdeCommand=
        DdeExec="%1",,%2,0,,,,
        Topic=WWW_OpenURL
        Application_New=
        DDEExec_New=
        Topic_New=

        There is a registry setting that use to cause problems with
        browsers not coming to the front. I am too tired to find it now
        and don't know if it would play a part. (It is in Tweak UI also
        and it says something like allow programs to come to the front.)

        Happy html'n!

        www.notetab.net www.clean-funnies.com
      • R Shapp
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 6, 2003
          Hi Jody,

          You're right. I misinterpreted your previous post to mean the [ie] info was
          in the .INI file. My Browsers.dat file is very nearly the same as yours.

          I still have the multiple instances of browser problem, but I'm willing to
          drop the subject for now, but I will be watching to see if anyone else
          broaches the topic in future.

          Thanks again for your efforts.

          Ray Shapp
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 7, 2003
            Hi R Shapp,

            Sorry. You might try a new ini file just for the fun of it. You
            can always fall back to the old to keep from having to change all
            your preferences.

            If you want to create a new INI file, close NoteTab and rename
            NotePro.ini found in its main folder (NoteTab.ini for Std/Light).
            Start up NoteTab and it will use its default settings actually
            creating the INI file when you shut it down.

            You may edit the INI file inside NoteTab. Simply save the file
            with an exclamation mark (!NotePro.ini or !NoteTab.ini) in front
            of it and restart NoteTab.