Re: [NH] Command line options

  • Larry Hamilton
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 2, 2003
      lljbrintnell wrote:
      > I have approx 2000 files that need to have the html stripped out,
      > leaving only the text. Is there a way to launch NT Pro from the
      > command line with a swith to do this so that I can batch the job?
      >
      > Regards,
      > Jay Brintnell

      Jay,

      If you search under NoteTab Help Command-line Parameters:

      /L=LibraryName:RunClip
      Changes the default Clip library to the one indicated by LibraryName
      (without extension or path). Optionally use RunClip to specify a Clip to
      execute once NoteTab is open.

      This would require you to build a clip to perform the specified purpose.

      Here is a sample using the Utilities clip included with NoteTab:

      path to NoteTab\notepro.exe /L=Utilities:Mortgage Rate

      To avoid confusing the command line parser use quotes for clips with spaces
      in their names:

      C:\NoteTab>notepro.exe /L="Utilities:Mortgage Rate"

      The command line parameters are also useful for building shortcuts for
      NoteTab. I have a different shortcut for different ini files depending on
      what project I am working on. I have one for each web site I work on, so I
      know where I left off. I have one for work, and another at work for working
      with HTML help files. Each one starts up with the clip library that I most
      use in that project/purpose. Some have specialized clipbars, or other
      settings that I do not normally use. I even built a clip to build NoteTab
      command lines. I have not updated it for a couple of years, so there may be
      some "new" commands not in it, but it was helpful for me to learn how the
      NoteTab command line works.

      HTH,

      Larry Hamilton
      lmh@...
      http://notlimah.tripod.com/
    • Brintnell, Jay
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 3, 2003
        THis is great! Thanks for your help Larry. I will let you know how it works
        for me. Hopefully, I will have a change to play later today...

        Jay Brintnell
        Business Developer
        London Life - Field Technology
        (519) 435-4261

        > I have approx 2000 files that need to have the html stripped out,
        > leaving only the text. Is there a way to launch NT Pro from the
        > command line with a swith to do this so that I can batch the job?
        >
        > Regards,
        > Jay Brintnell

        Jay,

        If you search under NoteTab Help Command-line Parameters:

        /L=LibraryName:RunClip
        Changes the default Clip library to the one indicated by LibraryName
        (without extension or path). Optionally use RunClip to specify a Clip to
        execute once NoteTab is open.

        This would require you to build a clip to perform the specified purpose.

        Here is a sample using the Utilities clip included with NoteTab:

        path to NoteTab\notepro.exe /L=Utilities:Mortgage Rate

        To avoid confusing the command line parser use quotes for clips with spaces
        in their names:

        C:\NoteTab>notepro.exe /L="Utilities:Mortgage Rate"

        The command line parameters are also useful for building shortcuts for
        NoteTab. I have a different shortcut for different ini files depending on
        what project I am working on. I have one for each web site I work on, so I
        know where I left off. I have one for work, and another at work for working
        with HTML help files. Each one starts up with the clip library that I most
        use in that project/purpose. Some have specialized clipbars, or other
        settings that I do not normally use. I even built a clip to build NoteTab
        command lines. I have not updated it for a couple of years, so there may be
        some "new" commands not in it, but it was helpful for me to learn how the
        NoteTab command line works.

        HTH,

        Larry Hamilton
        lmh@...
        http://notlimah.tripod.com/ <http://notlimah.tripod.com/>

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=259395.3614674.4902533.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=17053756
        18:HM/A=1524963/R=0/SIG=12o885gmo/*http://hits.411web.com/cgi-bin/autoredir?
        camp=556&lineid=3614674&prop=egroupweb&pos=HM>

        <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=259395.3614674.4902533.1261774/D=egroupmai
        l/S=:HM/A=1524963/rand=237141819>

        <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .
      • Larry Hamilton
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 3, 2003
          Brintnell, Jay wrote:
          > THis is great! Thanks for your help Larry. I will let you know how it
          > works
          > for me. Hopefully, I will have a change to play later today...
          >

          > Jay Brintnell
          > Business Developer
          > London Life - Field Technology
          > (519) 435-4261

          Jay,

          Glad to help.

          That's one of the perks to using NoteTab and being on the lists, all the
          other ways to do things.

          Larry