[NH] Re: Tidy Comment about Doctype

  • John Zeman
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 22, 2003
      I'm not sure what you're referring to Bruce.

      My answer to Ray was intended to indicate a way to disable all tidy
      guesses at to what doctype should be at the beginning of a document.

      Myself I generally use the doctype:loose setting but will sometimes
      manually edit the doctype (after tidy) to be what I need it to be.

      John

      --- In ntb-html@yahoogroups.com, "Bruce Somers" <bruce.somers@w...>

      ____
      > Die sicherste Form der Kommunikation: E-Mails verschluesseln, Spam-
      Filter,
      > Adressverifizierung, digitale Unterschrift: http://freemail.web.de
    • R Shapp
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 22, 2003
        Hi Bruce and John,

        You're right. I do have "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" specified.
        I can change it to "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional".

        That will halt the comment. I May even get around to scanning
        http://www.ericmeyeroncss.com/bonus/render-mode.html.

        Thanks for the help.

        Ray Shapp