Re: [NH] Re: Tidy Comment about Doctype

  • Bruce Somers
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 22, 2003
      I don't think you are reading that right, John.

      The message

      > > ******Tidy for Windows (vers 1st August 2002***********
      > >
      > > stdin: Doctype given is "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"
      > > stdin: Document content looks like HTML 4.01 Transitional

      seems to indicate that YOU have specified

      "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"

      while Tidy knows only

      HTML 4.01 Transitional

      Can that be it?

      Bruce

      Die sicherste Form der Kommunikation: E-Mails verschluesseln, Spam-Filter,
      Adressverifizierung, digitale Unterschrift: http://freemail.web.de
    • John Zeman
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 22, 2003
        I'm not sure what you're referring to Bruce.

        My answer to Ray was intended to indicate a way to disable all tidy
        guesses at to what doctype should be at the beginning of a document.

        Myself I generally use the doctype:loose setting but will sometimes
        manually edit the doctype (after tidy) to be what I need it to be.

        John

        --- In ntb-html@yahoogroups.com, "Bruce Somers" <bruce.somers@w...>

        ____
        > Die sicherste Form der Kommunikation: E-Mails verschluesseln, Spam-
        Filter,
        > Adressverifizierung, digitale Unterschrift: http://freemail.web.de
      • R Shapp
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 22, 2003
          Hi Bruce and John,

          You're right. I do have "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" specified.
          I can change it to "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional".

          That will halt the comment. I May even get around to scanning
          http://www.ericmeyeroncss.com/bonus/render-mode.html.

          Thanks for the help.

          Ray Shapp