Display text in black color

  • P.V.G.SRIKANTH
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 2, 2003
      Is it possible to display text in black color(or any other color)in
      the text field while the text field is disabled.I even used CSS
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 3, 2003
        P.V.G.SRIKANTH wrote:
        >Is it possible to display text in black color(or any other color)in
        >the text field while the text field is disabled.I even used CSS

        I think it's browser dependent as much else concerning forms. Mos allows disabled form controls to be styled.

        Don't know if this is a good idea in your situation, but if you just want to display uneditable text in a textarea or input type="text" you could use 'readonly' instead of 'disabled'. The control is stylable but the name-value pair will be sent when the form is submitted contrary to when you use 'disabled'. If that doesn't matter 'readonly' could work for you.