[NH] Re: New NoteTab site

  • calamityjanenow
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 28, 2003
      Hi Eric,
      I do have the bottom scrollbar on various sites from time to time, but
      I remember it from MSIE as well and can't say if it is much
      more often. Your page also renders in Mozilla 1.2.1 the same as
      Phoenix but not in Netscape 6. The text just seems to be bigger,
      especially the text in the beige box, but all the letters in general
      just seem to be a little larger, enough to make that kind of
      difference when added together. The display areas on all the browsers
      seems to be the same, at least from right to left. I only have
      this occur on the
      http://www.fookes.com/order.php page, on
      http://www.fookes.com/buydirect.php it all goes back to fitting on one
      screen.
      Also, only on http://www.fookes.com/order.php, at the bottom, the
      phrase "Windows is a" is positioned all the way to the right,
      followed by a break, then "trademark of Microsoft Corporation
      registered..." is all positioned normally.
      Fascinating stuff.
      Karen

      > Thanks for your feedback. I'm not familiar with Phoenix. Does it have a
      > smaller display area compared to MSIE? Or perhaps it doesn't render the
      > form fields the same way as other browsers? Do you have to scroll a lot?
      >

      > Regards,
      > Eric G.V. Fookes
      > Author of NoteTab, Mailbag Assistant, and Easy Imager
      > http://www.fookes.com/ and http://www.notetab.com/

    • Adrian/ Rosemary Worsfold
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 28, 2003
        All I'll say is that these sites again assume that we all have 800 by 600 or greater
        screen resolutions. I keep to 640 by 480 (pictures larger, icons bigger, better for web
        page construction) and because the sizes of such websites are numerical and fixed
        instead of percentages I have to scroll side to side. Obviously such websites are
        visited less because they cannot be read without side to side actions.

        Adrian Worsfold

        http://www.pluralist.co.uk
      • musingman@aol.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 24, 2003
          Hello Eric!

          I just looked at your "new and improved" web pages (Internet Explorer -- IE
          5). The pages look great. I will try looking at them with Netscape later (it's
          on my other computer). I will test all the links on my other machine, too.

          You are doing a fine job. Keep up the good work!

          David Ullem
          Writer
          Charlotte, NC
          musingman@...